On Topic Boxline Preloaders (Past or Present) Only

upschuck

I'm not disagreeing with you.
We had a safety committee that made sure hooks were supplied to preloaders if asked.
That is my building. All I can tell you to do is file a grievance if you want them to give you one.
I don't want one, don't work it anymore, never even heard of hooks to pull from cages before this. Why do they need to be asked? They should be instructed to use them.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm not disagreeing with you.
We had a safety committee that made sure hooks were supplied to preloaders if asked.
That is my building. All I can tell you to do is file a grievance if you want them to give you one.

Those hooks are one of the good innovations. They didn't have those when I preloaded.

PT Car Washer

We do have the two foot long hooks in my building. Another concern I always had was the lack of a guard around the wheels. Place your foot or hand on the track and you could have it ran over. We had one girl pulling out of a top cage have a heavy box fall on her head. You don't want to wear a ring as they would get caught on the sides of the cages.

Integrity

Binge Poster
1) I was a preloader and a PT Sup on a boxline
2) The proper method of the sorter is to leave packages at the front of the cage, but that doesn't happen with heavy volume
3) The boxline runs slow enough where you should be able to get most packages out of the cage and preload the truck.
4) If you're not tall enough to reach the back, you ASK for a hook so you can pull packages from the back of the cage.
5) You're condescending tone to people that answer your questions on an internet forum prove you have character issues.
6) Happy Thanksgiving
HEFFERNAN,

1. You should be able to contribute much to this thread.

2. The cages do get filled sometimes and packages do end up in the back of the cages.

3. Individuals are pulled from their routes so that their cages can get fuller.

4. I did not see any small shepherd hooks at the boxlines in the facility that I was in. (This seems like a good idea provided the boxline is temporarily shut off and secured while they are in use.)

5. Please give me examples where I speak inappropriately to others. If I am in agreement then I will certainly try to change.

6. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
We do have the two foot long hooks in my building. Another concern I always had was the lack of a guard around the wheels. Place your foot or hand on the track and you could have it ran over. We had one girl pulling out of a top cage have a heavy box fall on her head. You don't want to wear a ring as they would get caught on the sides of the cages.
PT Car Washer,

This are very good observations and to think of it, they are very valid and serious safety concerns.

Good points!!

Sincerely,
I