"On Topic" Change... Real Change with Integrity

Integrity

Binge Poster
Like I have said, the problem is because the emphasis by the safety department is not on action, but whether or not that commitment statement and signed and in the book. The more you guys worry about stupid crap like that and not the real issues, the less you're going to see results. And that's a fact.
Not sure what this you guys means but I will speak for I.

I want the change to start with all safety commitments made to be lived by action on the floor. All those who refuse should be disciplined to change or fired if they refuse to change. Even if production has a temporary set back the future gains with be worth it. The on the floor leadership need to take the lead. If upper management try to prevent this you need to report them.

Ms.PacMan

Hopefully I'll be in a position someday to fire people like you. That's how things are going to change

Very interesting....Frigid recognizes Intergrity as a superior.

Fire me. For what!

The individuals who should be fired are the one's who sign safety commitment statements with no intention of keeping the commitments.

Then blaming them, they or some other pronoun for their own failure to stand up and fulfill the signed commitments they make.

Where is the integrity in signing these commitments and not following through. I don't care what level, even at the PT sup level. There is absolutely no excuse for this lack of integrity.

What kind of safety commitments do the management teams make exactly? Give us an example and the associated metric.

Like I have said, the problem is because the emphasis by the safety department is not on action, but whether or not that commitment statement and signed and in the book. The more you guys worry about stupid crap like that and not the real issues, the less you're going to see results. And that's a fact.

What are the real issues....give us examples.

jaker

trolling

I want the change to start with all safety commitments made to be lived by action on the floor. All those who refuse should be disciplined to change or fired if they refuse to change. Even if production has a temporary set back the future gains with be worth it. The on the floor leadership need to take the lead. If upper management try to prevent this you need to report them.
With ideas like that you better keep them to yourself, your boss's boss wont like that kind of thinking you will be hurting the wallet

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

Turnover companywide is through the roof, but we're going to fire people?

IMG_2880.GIF

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Very interesting....Frigid recognizes Intergrity as a superior.

What kind of safety commitments do the management teams make exactly? Give us an example and the associated metric.

What are the real issues....give us examples.
You want the safety issues or the issues they are worsening?

El Correcto

god is dead
Honestly I don't want ups to change. I've always kind of liked the chaos and hostile environment. Sure it can get to you every once in a while, but over all I like it a lot more than some quiet desk job. Where if you raised your voice to your boss you'd be gone.

1Simplemann

Do you want change, at UPS, real change!

Real change starts with you!

Real change starts with Integrity!

If you want real change and you want to be part of something great post it here or if you'd rather Private message me.

Change is coming!

I
Integrity, I don't know who are but obviously your not a driver. So that makes you management. You want to hear it so I'll tell you. Yes, I want change. I want to change from being just a number to a human being that gets to go home to his family at a decent time. You talk about safety. From what I've seen at UPS is just that. "Talk". No actions. Actions speak louder than words and after years of hearing words with no actions I don't care about your "Safety Commitments" anymore. Real Change starts from the top down so when you guys start actually caring about your employees then maybe we'll care about your numbers. Till then I'll just my head down and get thru the daily grind and count the years till I retire.

Faceplanted

Stop over dispatching us when it's dangerously hot outside. I don't understand how anybody thinks this is acceptable.

How many people need to drop dead for this to happen? I hope not me, but my family knows what to do if this happens. They will be set for life.

Also get rid of ketr. Internal auditing is a scam in its self. Let OSHA come in often. You can't trust a company chasing profit to perform fair audits on its self.

Ups needs to do the right thing.

Last edited:

By The Book

These are.....and correct me if I'm wrong Union safety committees right? We can dissolve them with notice to the company right? It does seem the dialogue is dictated from the company,(their to do list). The Union is so weak on this that if a safety member brought these concerns up they would be bothered by it. The union safety members seem to be in it for the overtime. I say dissolve all the safety committees and let the company be responsible for its actions. Training, demonstrations, recognition, barbecues, audits, and anything else safety related. I feel there's a culture of favoritism at UPS where the management looks the other way for production and because they like some people more than others. Some they question about lunches and breaks then there's others, and they know who they are that can speed,run,skip lunch, and breaks. This is a safety issue because the body needs time to rest,cool down, get some food so we don't have a health issue out there. The company needs to enforce this, and this culture I mentioned prevents them from doing what's right. It's up to the employees to do the right thing as well, we know what's right but will we do it.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
At my old center, when it was time to do dok or any other "safety" type quiz, there was always a binder full of answer sheets right on the desk. We could have 3 employees at one time, each on a different computer sharing the cheat sheets. A perfect score was mandatory. Our center laughably "won" some stupid perfect score contest periodically among our area centers. Our center manager would sometimes even personally read the answers aloud for those that needed their hand held.
Then, we'd also get speeches about how important honesty and integrity, were to our company. That was always really good for a laugh. I'm sure it's not changing soon.