One of my drivers was arrested over the weekend

MassWineGuy

Coming from a guy named MassWineGuy? Really?---How would you feel if they fired you because of your internet handle?

Goodness! That is the least intelligent statement I've heard in decades. And that's saying a lot. Time to stop multitasking and focus on chewing your gum.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
You're fine. Fedex won't know, unless you tell them, until it's time to run MVR's. They run MVR's randomly too but I doubt very much they'd do that in December. There was a guy here that got a dui, got probation where he had to wear an ankle bracelet that tracked alcohol in his sweat. He kept driving, just wore pants all summer. It never showed on his mvr so he was fine. I told his contractor he should probably fire him for being an idiot, but it wasn't my call.
That's not entirely true we lost a driver because he got a ticket for open container the terminal knew about it even before the contractor.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So I how long is the suspension for a DUi? I can't believe the OP is a contractor& he has access to that info on mygroundbiz.com

I've been trying to get a list of what can suspend a driver... And for what duration but I guess it's top secret.

Op, u can still use him as a jumper... He just can't touch the wheel

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Our guy was DQ'd forever for open container in his car. Once his 3 yrs was up, he no longer met minimum driver qualifications.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So I how long is the suspension for a DUi? I can't believe the OP is a contractor& he has access to that info on mygroundbiz.com

I've been trying to get a list of what can suspend a driver... And for what duration but I guess it's top secret.

Op, u can still use him as a jumper... He just can't touch the wheel
Again, at Express, it's a 2 year suspension from any position that requires even potentially driving a FedEx truck. And that's only if you're eligible to downgrade.

I'm sure you are meaning something different than what was written. There is NO state in the country where your license is automatically taken without an Admin Per Se violation or blowing over the legal limit. Just being arrested is not enough to take a license.
Yes the state takes your drivers license when you are arrested for drunk driving. Two parts to a drunk driving charge. The criminal charge and the DOT administrated violation of being arrested for drunk driving. You don't have a right to a drivers license. It is a privilege not a right.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yes the state takes your drivers license when you are arrested for drunk driving. Two parts to a drunk driving charge. The criminal charge and the DOT administrated violation of being arrested for drunk driving. You don't have a right to a drivers license. It is a privilege not a right.

What you are describing is indeed an Admin Per Se (DOT / MVD / DMV) suspension and a criminal violation. An arrest is different. You can be arrested and held but not charged. You can be arrested and released without charges. Just because you are arrested does not mean you are guilty and as such you would not lose your license.

Nolimitz

Have a gal here who got a DUI. Was kept on as a CSA. Driving was suspended for 1 year after her license was reinstated. She has been off road for nearly 18 months now

STFXG

The contract is clear. The moment you find out about the offense he can't drive. If found guilty, he can't drive for 5 years.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
In my state they automatically take your drivers license. Of course UPS being a Union job they will just give you a broom to push until you get your license back.

Here, a FT driver that gets their license suspended, can temporarily displace 2 PT employees to get their 8 hours, but no janitorial work of any kind. They would do sort, clerk, unload, car wash or something of that type.