One of the reasons we lose customers

IDoLessWorkThanMost

it is illegal to possess or transport this species in Texas.

At our counter, it is made plain and clear that live animals, live plants, firearms, tobacco items, hazardous mat-ORMs etc have restrictions that may prohibit them from entering the UPS system at the counter. Even glass items, vases, crystal, etc cannot be shipped at our counter. These are regulations handed down stragiht from the higher ups. I personally follow them every day and don't make exceptions for anyone.

It's cut and dry, IMO. It is not a good thing that the customer described in the thread bearers topic was declined service, but if that is the protocal then it must be abided.

Yes we have customers whom complain from time to time about it. There's nothing we can do, though.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
These are regulations handed down stragiht from the higher ups. I personally follow them every day and don't make exceptions for anyone.

As did the clerk. Until the call came from "the higher ups" to indeed take the package.

UPS, left hand does not know what the right hand doeth.

it is illegal to possess or transport this species in Texas
Interesting fact, Aint it. And the same holds true in Florida. But yet anywhere you go in Florida, and from what I saw of Texas the same, it is in the majority of the water ways. Grows wild, and can be transported from one body of water to another in livewells, props etc. But yet you can end up in Jail if you possess the plant?

Anyway, Brett has the proper permits to possess said plants. He can legally electrofish, etc etc. But that is another subject.

Bottom line is this, cue care is a good thing. Hiding behind "the higher ups policy" could very well be something else.

d