Oops. New Drive Through Service?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Shryp, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Shryp

Shryp Member

2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Wow, that story sure makes the company look bad. Hope the center manager gets some flack for this. He couldn't have called and said "sorry"?
  3. idrivethetruck

idrivethetruck Slow & steady wins the race.

And there's still UPS packages in the house?
  4. over9five

LOl, center manager shouldn't get flack, he should get fired.
  5. DS

DS Fenderbender

It seems odd to me,it looks to me like brakes failing or accelerator sticking...
    or a medical issue...chances are,we will never know the truth
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My first thought was also medical issue or mechanical failure. We will never know what actually happened. An apology, whether sincere or not, would have gone a long way.
  7. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

Why would UPS say sorry, those people should not have built the house were we want to drive.
    Glad no one got hurt.

UPS wont say sorry in an accident like this because that is admiting gulit.
  8. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Why would UPS apologize for something that clearly was not their fault. They have no fault here. They didn't over-dispatch, over-manage, over-diad message him to near hysteria, over-paper him for going over 9.5. Clearly, they have no fault.:biting:

I, truly, hope the driver is o.k. Unlike UPS.
  9. over9five

Might not have happened if he was not still out delivering at 7:30 at night.
    IMHO, you should be on your way home by then.
  10. tracker2762

tracker2762 Active Member

Could have have been a pm air driver
  11. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I'm pretty sure that all lawyers tell their clients, "Do not apologize for anything"........It can come back to bite you later as admitting guilt of some kind. As soon as a lawyer is involved, humanity exits. UPS is just doing what their legal team says to do.

You would do the same if you hit somebody in your personal car and your lawyer said, "Say nothing".
  12. rod

rod retired and happy

If all that is in this newspaper artical is correct then all I can say is ---"to the UPS team that is dealing with the family and investigating this accident--you are truly POS and should be thrown out on the street". Even if there is another side of this story my gut feeling tells me to believe the familys story. It just sounds so much like how UPS deals with problems. You can show compassion without admitting guilt.
  13. evilleace

evilleace Member

In my opinion you should be home by then.
  14. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I have delivered packages that have "Do not deliver after 7PM" and "Evening Delivery Requested" typed over the street address. There is something seriously wrong with that.
  15. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

Gives new meaning to the term DR FD........
  16. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

The News report also said there was another car that was side swiped and I think it also was in the house !! Maybe this car caused it all and the Brownie couldn't break free from it thus both going into the house !! I also doubt there are pkgs in the house,probalaly empty LTRS...JMOP
  17. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

That's why I don't have a lawyer and know I'm going to heaven when that time comes.

Typical Corporations, but perhaps even a bit lower then avg:

"He has been an experienced driver with UPS since 1991 and has 11 years of safe driving," said Susan Rosenberg, UPS Public Relations Manager. A UPS representative arrived on the scene after the accident. (They would say that if the driver was Evil Kenevil.)

Rosenberg said they made contact with the family -- something the family disputes. (Assuming they wouldn't be checked on that, oops)

The Unger's say they want the house repaired and are still waiting on an apology. (Please someone tell them to breathe in the meantime)

"Just one big mess. There's still UPS packages in the house. Last night, the UPS guy -- were just looking for witnesses. That's all [UPS] did. No 'thank you,' 'sorry'...we got nothing from them," said Jim Unger. (I wonder how those will track?)
  18. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

"Emergency Conditions"
  19. browndevil

browndevil Active Member

My thoughts exactly. Safety first also applies to hours spent on the road
  20. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

I have reviewed the posts and I agree with medical condition as the probable cause because driver was conveyed to hospital.

However, considering the reality TV mentality and everyone demanding their 15 minutes - what kind of story would the homeowner have if he said, "UPS contacted us and we are happy with the response?" or "I know (fill in the blank), he/she has been our driver for the past ten years....my daughter is worried about him/her...ya know, he/she always had a second to wave, tap the horn and smile."

The victim may just see UP$$.

And y'all know what is said about dirty laundry.

Recall and remember, we do live in a litigious society