Orlando night club shooting

upsgrunt

Sounds like you didn't look very hard. Try chapter 8.

You said the ENTIRE book, not 1 chapter out of 24.
You also claimed it was all about the murdering of woman and children; the closest sentence I could find was "twelve thousand men and women fell that day---all the people of AI"

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You said the ENTIRE book, not 1 chapter out of 24.
You also claimed it was all about the murdering of woman and children; the closest sentence I could find was "twelve thousand men and women fell that day---all the people of AI"
The entire book is about war.
What do think 12,000 men and women "fell" means, they tripped and fell down?
Lol, the power of denial is strong with you.

upsgrunt

The entire book is about war.
What do think 12,000 men and women "fell" means, they tripped and fell down?
Lol, the power of denial is strong with you.

The entire book is NOT about war- go back and re-read.
The beginning is about Rahab, a prostitute, who ends up being something like the great, great, great grandmother of Jesus. The point being God takes ordinary people and does extraordinary things.
I know you don't believe that, but I do. If you don't want to respect my opinion, great; but don't expect me to respect yours either.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The entire book is NOT about war- go back and re-read.
The beginning is about Rahab, a prostitute, who ends up being something like the great, great, great grandmother of Jesus. The point being God takes ordinary people and does extraordinary things.
I know you don't believe that, but I do. If you don't want to respect my opinion, great; but don't expect me to respect yours either.
The book of Joshua, which is in your bible, the holy book that your faith is based around, supports the murder of women and children in the name of the lord. That is my point.

This entire conversation started because someone claimed the koran supported all sorts of violence and no such thing existed in the bible. I'm simply pointing out that is false.

I respect your opinion, you're entitled to that. You're not entitled to lie about what is written in black and white.

upsgrunt

The book of Joshua, which is in your bible, the holy book that your faith is based around, supports the murder of women and children in the name of the lord. That is my point.

This entire conversation started because someone claimed the koran supported all sorts of violence and no such thing existed in the bible. I'm simply pointing out that is false.

I respect your opinion, you're entitled to that. You're not entitled to lie about what is written in black and white.

There you go IMPLYING that I am lying, when the FACT is that you simply do not agree with me; you read and interpret what you want it to say. Differences of opinion does not automatically give you authority to call someone a liar. You claim that the book of Joshua "supports" the murder of women and children, when it is simply one chapter that talks about how a city was destroyed. Nothing is stated, or implied, that murder was supported. "Vengeance is mine, says the Lord". He destroyed the world with a flood, he destroyed a city that continually went against his wishes. That was all HIS call.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There you go IMPLYING that I am lying, when the FACT is that you simply do not agree with me; you read and interpret what you want it to say. Differences of opinion does not automatically give you authority to call someone a liar.
You're the one interpreting, I'm reading it as it is written.
You claim that the book of Joshua "supports" the murder of women and children, when it is simply one chapter that talks about how a city was destroyed. Nothing is stated, or implied, that murder was supported.
It's not just one chapter, it clearly states they murdered women and children in the battle of Jericho as well. The entire book is about the invasion of Canaan, and splitting up the spoils of those wars after they murder the former inhabitants.
"Vengeance is mine, says the Lord". He destroyed the world with a flood, he destroyed a city that continually went against his wishes. That was all HIS call.
The difference is those acts were done by god. The book of Joshua is about men committing these terrible acts in the name of god, which seems to be much more pertinent in today's world, and a dangerous idea to believe in.

Foamer Pyle

What you are saying is probably true. I do not read the bible or pretend to be religious. However, the year is 2016, and I haven't seen any mass murders taking place in the name of God. On the other hand, I have seen many murders taking place around the world, in the name of Allah, that silly character in the Quran. I am not so weak minded that I would let a book lead me to commit mass murder. I mean, you have to have Bill Cosby Jello Pudding between your ears for brains to believe in that crap.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What you are saying is probably true. I do not read the bible or pretend to be religious. However, the year is 2016, and I haven't seen any mass murders taking place in the name of God. On the other hand, I have seen many murders taking place around the world, in the name of Allah, that silly character in the Quran. I am not so weak minded that I would let a book lead me to commit mass murder. I mean, you have to have Bill Cosby Jello Pudding between your ears for brains to believe in that crap.
The Lord's resistance army. Look it up.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There you go IMPLYING that I am lying, when the FACT is that you simply do not agree with me; you read and interpret what you want it to say. Differences of opinion does not automatically give you authority to call someone a liar. You claim that the book of Joshua "supports" the murder of women and children, when it is simply one chapter that talks about how a city was destroyed. Nothing is stated, or implied, that murder was supported. "Vengeance is mine, says the Lord". He destroyed the world with a flood, he destroyed a city that continually went against his wishes. That was all HIS call.

And yet people wonder where murder started. A god people believe in, kills his own creations, so its no wonder his creations kill each other.

TOS.