out on disability but still got a W-2 - who do I call?

hamilhead

I went out on total disability in July 2018. Havent set foot inside a UPS facility since that last day. Got a W-2 with "income" for 2019? I had to pay tax on that money, and I never got a paycheck since the year before. where/who/how do I dispute? I already read that no one in payroll will talk to me. so now what?

I went out on total disability in July 2018. Havent set foot inside a UPS facility since that last day. Got a W-2 with "income" for 2019? I had to pay tax on that money, and I never got a paycheck since the year before. where/who/how do I dispute? I already read that no one in payroll will talk to me. so now what?
Maybe you got some vacation time?

Johney

Disability money is taxed. You should have been taxed on it all along, but unless you earned other taxable income I find it hard to believe you'd owe more money to the government. I mean disability is just at poverty level if I remember when I was on it. I'm by no means a tax expert, but something doesn't sound right. Also what happened that you are out on disability for close to two years?

rod

Retired 22 years
Disability money is taxed. You should have been taxed on it all along, but unless you earned other taxable income I find it hard to believe you'd owe more money to the government. I mean disability is just at poverty level if I remember when I was on it. I'm by no means a tax expert, but something doesn't sound right. Also what happened that you are out on disability for close to two years?
And as luck would have it our resident tax expert is AWOL ----again-------thank god.

MattM

Is insurance covered and no nunion dues during that time too? We had a lady who had been on disability for 6 years. She takes the whole thing but they could never really prove it.

I always thought there was some reasonable time frame to come back. Or simply retire or quit.

clean hairy

Don't even mention his name. He's like Beetlejuice---mention his name enough and he comes back.
Not to worry.
He is showing up an hour early working off the clock to make his numbers look better.
Then, he will coplain that he did not much working there....

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
On his last day posting he had 75 posts. I think he wore his keyboard out, or his cat got him some much needed help.