Outbid by someone with less seniority

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Then why not just keep picking from the other list? Unless there wasn't enough? Our feeder bid sheets are 4 pages long.
All our feeder bid sheets have a specific number of jobs on them, once they fill those from that sheet they'll post another and start from that sheet. We just filled the 10th of 10 spots on the list I got in on and they're filling another 10 spot and just took down a 20 spot list.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bids are posted on a bulletin board. That is all that management is required to do. If someone won't be able to check for new bids he can ask someone else to check for him but nobody else is required to do so. Again, it is ultimately an issue of personal responsibility.

Nope.

Mgt is required to notify anyone who cannot reasonably check the bulletin board for whatever reason.

Failure to do so leads to situations such as the one the OP describes and creates more issues than need be.

You can disagree all you want----I really don't care.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's irritating when the simpleminded run out of facts and resort to BOG references.

You used to be an asset on this forum. You used to provide worthwhile information. Used to ---not anymore.

You have been hanging around the simpleminded for so long that you have forgotten what a meaningful post is.

Lose the morons and go back to being an asset to this forum. Dave.

Resident know-it-all.

Nimnim

The Nim
Bids are posted on a bulletin board. That is all that management is required to do. If someone won't be able to check for new bids he can ask someone else to check for him but nobody else is required to do so. Again, it is ultimately an issue of personal responsibility.

I would agree were the OP was out for an extended time, but I can't think of any time a bid sheet has been posted and taken down again within 2 weeks at my location. Those suckers stay up for about a month and I know I'd be pissed with that knowledge in mind if I took 2 weeks vacation in a row and found out a bid I wanted and was likely to get got posted and taken down while on vacation when the amount of time a bid was posted in my past experience was longer.

Johney

Sorry Dave but what oldngray says is exactly how it works in my building also.

And you've never been an asset on this forum......ever.

Nockahate9

File a grievance for being stupid? It is your own responsibility to check what is up for bid.
REALLY! All I was looking for was some information from any veterans who has seen an issue like this. I'm sorry that I'm stupid and calling to see if bid sheets have been posted everyday while flats fishing in the keys was the last thing on my mind. I'll take your advice next time and call everyday and twice on Sunday to prevent this from ever happening again.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Nimnim

The Nim
REALLY! All I was looking for was some information from any veterans who has seen an issue like this. I'm sorry that I'm stupid and calling to see if bid sheets have been posted everyday while flats fishing in the keys was the last thing on my mind. I'll take your advice next time and call everyday and twice on Sunday to prevent this from ever happening again.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Your best chance is contacting your BA, as others have suggested, explain you were on vacation and weren't aware of the bids. You might still be out of luck, but there is a chance.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Grieve it. You were on vacation and they didn't notify you of list going up.
File a grievance for being stupid? It is your own responsibility to check what is up for bid.

OP....

As you can see, there are conflicting opinions on the issue.

Different area's have different local practices.

The practice in my entire state.... is similar to oldngray.

But this isn't the first time this issue has come up here.

Other Local's have a practice similar to UpstateNYUPSer.

The best thing to do.... is contact your Local Union BA and file a grievance.

Worst case scenario, you gain an understanding of what your Local procedure is.

-Bug-

Johney

Sent using BrownCafe App
By doing this you won't miss it next time now will you?

dqs95124

A couple years back a driver came back from disability.found out the rt he wanted was put up for bid and taken by a lower seniority driver. He grieved it. Got the rt and the driver who's bumped had no home. If you bid a rt make sure they have called everyone on FLMA, disability and workmen's comp. to Cya. It's happened in our hub a couple times in the past 10 yrs

dqs95124

Temporary bids are different. If yr not available you lose. Full time package bids on the other hand are for life. Unless you bid off them.

dqs95124

Temporary bid is different. You must be available. It covers the higher seniority drivers that take their vaca for a month. Those rts should be put up for bid. And if yr in the keys sorry. If it's a permanent route up for bid. "The driver retired or bid on a new rt" then you have grievance.

By The Book

I signed the bid sheet to go to feeder school few weeks back and HR walked around today notifying everyone. I asked if I made it and she said no but someone with less seniority did. When I asked how that was possible, she said because he had signed the previous bid sheet a few months earlier (Which was posted for a week during my 2 week long vacation). Is this normal?
Yes, if they want to bypass you. Expect the unexpected when you work here. I take a picture of the bids I want before it gets pulled. You can have your steward investigate the feeder bid list for you. Let us know how this turns out.