Overnight/UPS Freight Salaries?

City Driver

whos fault is it that you didnt ask about the pay scale before leaving your old job for this one?

most of our road drivers clear 70k and some make over 100k

City Driver

there goes upstate deleting my posts that arent even offensive again

i bet your real liberal huh, drive a car that gets 90,000 miles to the gallon and hug trees on the weekends

happybob

Feeders
I am wondering why no one mentions much about the differences in overtime. UPS receives overtime after 8 hrs.....UPS freight after, is it 41 or 42 hours now. It used to be 44 or 45 hours! That adds up to a huge difference at the end of the year $$ wise. And those are WORKING hours. Holidays, Vacation Days, etc. do not count toward your 40 some odd hours. If UPS and UPS Freight are the same company.....why do they not have the same rules and regulations? I'd like to see someone address this issue since it pertains directly to the difference in salaries.
UPS Parcel=102 years in business, billions in profit each year
UPSF=just purchased freight carried, profits?
UPS parcel employees made it possible for the purchase of a freight carrier to be added to the company. Bring in the kind of revenue the parcel side does, and I am sure your rate of pay will match the parcel side, some day.
Overtime after 8 each day=union contract, after 40=federal law, doesn't it? Why are you not getting overtime after 40? Are you talking about slit time, dock and driving? Again it all boils down to time and money. We have put it in(time), and are bringing it in(profits)

Buckethead

I apologize for my rant. I was just a little more optomistic about UPS and found it to be disapointing.

I will be working out of the rail yard in Harrisburg, PA on a salary position. Guaranteed $1,050.00 per 5 day work week with possibility of more $$$. But the big thing is the guarantee. I can't get a guarantee from UPS. I would stay if possible, but I can't afford to wait the 3 years necessary to make a decent living. Sorry.

Im at top rate and making 2k + a week. Smart move, See what complaining gets you? You cant see the forest because the trees are in the way.

Buckethead

What the heck ever happened to doing your time, being the greenpea, getting the coffee, getting hazed a little, having to spend an hour looking for a muffler bearing? Working your way up to the rest?

Everyone wants to make top wage right out of the gate, shameful generation. Something for nothing.

Look what it becomes, a person with a useless sense of entitlement.

You could be in the unemployment line you know.

depends if you kiss ***** like the union and management wants you to do.....you kiss ***** you can make $90000 like our company stewards.....if you want to work hard you make $60000, yes working hard is frowned upon at UPS FREIGHT in Indianapolis. Just watch for yourself.:surprised:

quicker

Read your contract,get a copy from your shop stewart, go to a union meeting and sound your vote. And I have never met a FEDEX driver with guts, just empty eyes standing on a dock brainwashed.

feederguy9549

I am a California pkg/feeder driver ... bottom line is for a borderline ****ing :censored2: like myself UPS is a kick ass job ... pgk I get $29.54hr when I work Feeder at night and pull 2 trailors I get $30.24hr .... I work a lot of overtime but grossed 91k last year ... BTW my pkg route is VERY rural and my pkg car ia an 08 Ford F250 4x4 !! Like I said best job in the world for a non educated hard worker like me !!

When we (UPS Freight) starting making as much profit and revenue that UPS small package makes, I would bet our salary improves. The problem is that we are a long way from making that profit/revenue compared to small package. It is no different than when we were O, you got to have the freight to make $$ and you have to give good service to keep the freight once you have it.

Hard for a hourly employee to control the retards in management,and equipment failures.......

I am a California pkg/feeder driver ... bottom line is for a borderline ****ing :censored2: like myself UPS is a kick ass job ... pgk I get $29.54hr when I work Feeder at night and pull 2 trailors I get $30.24hr .... I work a lot of overtime but grossed 91k last year ... BTW my pkg route is VERY rural and my pkg car ia an 08 Ford F250 4x4 !! Like I said best job in the world for a non educated hard worker like me !!

Easy to be happy when your issued truck doesnt blow exhaust gases and and have to breath diesel fumes from leaky fuel injectors, fumes from oil leaks, you can the inspections report are just discarded like common trash.

Call me a whiner, snake, trouble maker, but walk in the bathroom at the indy HuB and that will speak for itself.:surprised:

Hell just today I walk pass three GM/volvo leaking coolant just setting there, puddles under the trucks stretching out to the walkway.

No one cares.....like my signature says, PROFITS before safety.

Buckethead

depends if you kiss ***** like the union and management wants you to do.....you kiss ***** you can make $90000 like our company stewards.....if you want to work hard you make $60000, yes working hard is frowned upon at UPS FREIGHT in Indianapolis. Just watch for yourself.:surprised:

I am away from home 5 days in a row, every week. My YTD on Dec 18th was 88k+. I'm not a steward, filed on management, don't kiss ass. Exact opposite of your statement.

One things for sure, im glad i dont work or live near Indy. Sounds like a miserable place.

alexfo7o

Obviously, the hourly rates/ salaries are much different between the UPS Union tractor drivers and the UPS Freight drivers( Overnight). What are these pay differences, and will this possibly change for the better?

IDK I am thinking about transferring to Freight from Pkg Operations.
not sure if there are any benefits or what the pay it or if my pay will transfer.

gibbs

Corporate officers must be paid a reasonable salary. Many Sub-chapter S corporation owners try to take an unreasonably low salary to avoid employment taxes. You would have to go to IRS Appeals and show that the salary you claimed was reasonable. I suggest trying to compromise somewhere in the middle because some on the income from the corporation should be a return on capital and not all on labor.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Corporate officers must be paid a reasonable salary. Many Sub-chapter S corporation owners try to take an unreasonably low salary to avoid employment taxes. You would have to go to IRS Appeals and show that the salary you claimed was reasonable. I suggest trying to compromise somewhere in the middle because some on the income from the corporation should be a return on capital and not all on labor.

Very well written but again there is no relevance to the topic on hand (or anything on this forum).

It is obvious to me that you are not a UPS employee.