Overtime day off

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hey goobar!! He was forced to not work his scheduled day. Please explain how this superior manager was right.
Because that's what Express policy says.

Have someone read it to you sometime, I wouldn't want you to wade into that alone.

59 Dano

Thats what I said. I asked if he called in sick or took an LWOP which would void his OT. You gotta read more than one sentence.
He didn't work the Saturday and didn't use a vacation day or floater to compensate for the scheduled day he didn't work. He took an LWOP. A regular 5 day employee is not entitled to get day-off OT in this scenario.

FedupExpress

He didn't work the Saturday and didn't use a vacation day or floater to compensate for the scheduled day he didn't work. He took an LWOP. A regular 5 day employee is not entitled to get day-off OT in this scenario.
Yea that's the problem though, I didn't want to take it off
I wanted to work

Anyway they are paying me for the overtime on my next check.

The point was they tried to screw me and I'm not the only one nor is it the first time.

yadig

Because that's what Express policy says.

Have someone read it to you sometime, I wouldn't want you to wade into that alone.
I understand the policy! He wasn’t able to use his vacation because the manager was trying to keep him under a set amount of hours. It looks like the manager is gonna pay him his overtime. 🤔 We should’ve got a union in here years ago.

59 Dano

Yea that's the problem though, I didn't want to take it off
I wanted to work

Anyway they are paying me for the overtime on my next check.

The point was they tried to screw me and I'm not the only one nor is it the first time.
How'd they try to screw you?

59 Dano

I understand the policy! He wasn’t able to use his vacation because the manager was trying to keep him under a set amount of hours. It looks like the manager is gonna pay him his overtime. 🤔 We should’ve got a union in here years ago.
He could have used a paid day off; that wouldn't affect the number of worked hours.

Meat

Long story short
I worked 11 hours of OT on my dayoff
Last weekend manager said I was over 60 hours and to take off Saturday.

My day off OT was converted to regular pay since I didn't come in Saturday
Should have had 22 hours of OT and received 15 and change...

I'm looking for another job, fedex sucks.

Hilarious OT story from my station.

Out of the goodness of heart, I covered the PM CSA after my pickup route, which includes time card duties.

I accidentally didn’t check the day off section on this D bag’s time card, and I overheard him unleashing personal attacks about me when he was reporting the error to my manager.

Fast forward a few Saturday’s later, and I’m covering the office again because the driver that normally covers Saturday’s fell and gashed his head during the AM sort.

This time, due to the personal attacks I overheard, I purposely didn’t check the box, which of course had the D bag in question complaining to my manager again.

The funny thing is, the manager never even said anything to me, even though it was obvious I did it on purpose.

I guess the moral of the story is, in this era of the company, you can basically get away with anything if management likes you, and they do not want you to quit - hilarious!

yadig

He could have used a paid day off; that wouldn't affect the number of worked hours.
We all know that dano! Let me try to simplify this for your purple brain! He wanted to work and was told to stay home. Why would you burn a day when you want to work?

59 Dano

We all know that dano! Let me try to simplify this for your purple brain! He wanted to work and was told to stay home. Why would you burn a day when you want to work?
Let me simplify this for you. I know he was told to stay home, which he did. And staying home got his OT canceled. If he wants the OT pay... use PTO to trigger it.

FedupExpress

Let me simplify this for you. I know he was told to stay home, which he did. And staying home got his OT canceled. If he wants the OT pay... use PTO to trigger it.
In the end they inputted a 0 hour vacation day in order to pay my OT... It's supposed to be on this week's check.

Either way the corruption continues and not first or last fedex scam.

yadig

Why would he use pto on his scheduled work day? He should’ve came to work, I would’ve.

FedupExpress

Overtime was not on this check after all, I brought it to his attention again and he said, "I'm going to research it".

Bunch of crooks just pay me, no need to research anything .
Luckily I'm looking for another job
Too many times I've been screwed over
FedEx sucks.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Overtime was not on this check after all, I brought it to his attention again and he said, "I'm going to research it".

Bunch of crooks just pay me, no need to research anything .
Luckily I'm looking for another job
Too many times I've been screwed over
FedEx sucks.
I’m shocked, shocked I tell you!!!

Artee

There are two ways to get an LWOP. You either sign up for one or your manager asks if you would like to take an LWOP. A manager telling you not to come in because you are out of hours does not make it an LWOP. He is due every bit of overtime he worked earlier in the week.

yadig

There are two ways to get an LWOP. You either sign up for one or your manager asks if you would like to take an LWOP. A manager telling you not to come in because you are out of hours does not make it an LWOP. He is due every bit of overtime he worked earlier in the week.
BINGO!!