Can’t be forced in on day off?

Legitimyze

I was previously a 22.4 but obviously a RPCD now. I am considering to not bid a route since the route I have been on is not a bid route. I am aware that I can be put anywhere if I don’t have my own route, but that’s fine.

With the changes, there will be routes designated Monday-Friday and others specifically for Tuesday-Saturday. I’m concerned that if I don’t bid, then I don’t have an official “scheduled day off”. Could I still be forced to work 6 days if I don’t take a bid because of that?

I wasn’t sure if the language stops 6 punches or just specifically stops you from having to work on your “scheduled day off”

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That's still up for interpretation and implementation but I think the general consensus is that the bid route is entirely different from the bid schedule. it would be up to your management team to make that route you do into a cover route on your day off, and to have you working as a cover driver on your extra day. Whether or not you can work something that resembles your regular route probably boils down to seniority and how good you and your peers are at enforcing the boundaries of your route without any changes greater than %50.

Legitimyze

That's still up for interpretation and implementation but I think the general consensus is that the bid route is entirely different from the bid schedule. it would be up to your management team to make that route you do into a cover route on your day off, and to have you working as a cover driver on your extra day. Whether or not you can work something that resembles your regular route probably boils down to seniority and how good you and your peers are at enforcing the boundaries of your route without any changes greater than %50.
That makes sense, didn’t consider that. So if a bid schedule and bid route are 2 different things, that makes this a non issue.
But if not, it seems it could go either way at the moment.

21Savage

That makes sense, didn’t consider that. So if a bid schedule and bid route are 2 different things, that makes this a non issue.
But if not, it seems it could go either way at the moment.
They are two different things. Use your brain.

You're tuesday -Saturday and will be for a long time. Regardless of your bid route.

21Savage

Easy, at my center nobody wants the crappy m-friend routes and they have to force drivers on them from bottom up
Do those top seniority guys request off or is your center forcing in 22.4's on Monday? If you're claiming the latter I'll say you're full of shieet

charm299

Do those top seniority guys request off or is your center forcing in 22.4's on Monday? If you're claiming the latter I'll say you're full of shieet
I’m talking about every 2 years we bid on routes, there’s always a couple crappy routes left that are forced from bottom up

21Savage

I’m talking about every 2 years we bid on routes, there’s always a couple crappy routes left that are forced from bottom up
Yeah you're an idiot. That's not what we're talking about and not what I asked. You're tuesday -Saturday too

We're talking about Saturday. Of course routes go unbid every year. What's that have to do with you or op bidding anything (as if you had a choice in terms of schedule)