Overtime problem solved

scoobypanda

Upstate.....it's not a matter of saving time or making your job easier. We run 60 loads/day, that should be about 2 full-time shuttle jobs. You seem very knowledgeable, so I am assuming you are a veteran. Would you be interested in a shuttle job? Drive around all day moving misloads? I know I would. Better than porter or carwash. It's our work and these are positions created out of necessity due to their inability to effectively run their preload. If they won't pay more preload hours, let them pay a couple of old-timers to drive around listening to the radio, shuttling misloads.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I believe one can only do more with more (if you are working at your peak). If you are doing more, then you are doing something else less.
A leaner workforce means that someone has to take up the slack that is created by less.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe one can only do more with more (if you are working at your peak). If you are doing more, then you are doing something else less.
A leaner workforce means that someone has to take up the slack that is created by less.

Thank you--that is what I thought you meant but just wanted to make sure.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate.....it's not a matter of saving time or making your job easier. We run 60 loads/day, that should be about 2 full-time shuttle jobs. You seem very knowledgeable, so I am assuming you are a veteran. Would you be interested in a shuttle job? Drive around all day moving misloads? I know I would. Better than porter or carwash. It's our work and these are positions created out of necessity due to their inability to effectively run their preload. If they won't pay more preload hours, let them pay a couple of old-timers to drive around listening to the radio, shuttling misloads.

That would be the ideal retirement bid route.

daiku

The 5 day period is only for the manager to take action on the issue ( stop working and to agree to pay or not pay) This is only a formality. The real issue is they should NOT pay you unless it is a grievance. If management actually pays a person for work they do or another manager does THEY could get fired. This is unauthorized pay ( I know we used to do this all the time back in the day)

If you have not heard in CA in Sacramento ( I swear this to be true) we have a steward who their sole job is to walk around and make sure NO management person works during the shift. Yes you heard this right......

UPS was paying 30000 a month in grievances SO to fix it they posted a steward ( a senior member) and the district manager told the part timers to expect to be fired if they are caught. Grievances have dropped in number greatly.

Again, you have to tell the manager ( and go to the manager with your steward as Sups have no business dealing with these issues) that you are giving them 5 days to fix the issue ( and although you have 45 days to file make it soon and not on the 44th day)

After day 5 give the manager the copy after you send in the grievance ( you almost always will have to grieve)

daiku

Not true, there is nothing he can fix, he did union work, maybe if he had a Delorean and some Plutonium...

National Master United Parcel Service Agreement
For the Period:
December , 2007 through July 31, 2013

From the NMA link on this site.

It is the grievance procedure. Understand this is a technicality, but one that could get you to not win your grievance. One must give time to rectify the error. Decide to pay you etc. Understand Mike Hawk that I want ALL members to follow the procedure as this will keep them from losing grievances in the future. Although clearly the contract has been broken and one can not change this issue, this idea falls somewhat like Roberts rules of order in the practice of law.
There is a process that one should go through in the grievance procedure so NO procedural errors can limit what the member can gain.