Overweights

Nimnim

The Nim
If an over 150 makes it through the system to delivery center the driver has to deliver it. UPS will just hit the shipper with additional charge.

Not always, there's plenty of times I see 150+ irregs in the system that end up being put aside with a note saying something like "receiver has to pickup." Within reason though if something is small enough to put on the hand truck, while a pain, a driver should attempt it if it makes it onto the PC. Fortunately most of the 150+ things are much larger items that would take up 50% of the floor space in a PC easily and they're much easier to make demands on someone coming to pick it up vs delivered. They still get charged heavily for over max weight regardless.

Over 70, if small and not over 150 were I a driver I wouldn't push the assistance language, but larger and over 150, if I couldn't roll/slide it to the hand cart I'd be calling for assistance and not delivering without some form of assistance.

A few years ago, probably 5 ish years. During peak we had like 8 atvs, maybe not true atvs but damn close, came through and they were all 200+ lbs. They sat on the pd instead of being loaded in the trailer for over a week before someone came and got them, either the shipper/receiver or Frieght not sure who, but they never ended up in a PC as far as I know.

Dweezel

Over 150 you don't touch, per the contract if the package can be split up into 2 boxes it must. If it cannot do not touch it and alert a supervisor to have it removed from your car.

Sent using BrownCafe App

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I have sent that message many times, and 9 times out of 10, never get help. If you don't deliver it, that box will be on the car the next day, and no help will come.
I rolled a hundred pound box up three flights of stairs one time because I was tired of looking at it every day. Let's just say it wasn't pretty, and sounded like a box of keys by the time it got to the front door.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Why wouldn't you just keep rolling it? Eventually they would send you help and you are protected by Article 44.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
150 is our limit. It is 200 for FedEx Ground.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm here to tell you that when it comes to internationals, UPS will take anything over 150 lbs. As a clerk I was told this by an International manager that we had to call once for a package that was damaged beyond repair. It was on a small pallet and was actually marked 231 lbs. UPS has a billing procedure that they use when this happens that charges the shipper all kinds of fees but WILL take the package under certain circumstances.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There's no specific place in the truck to put overweights? The floor. Nothing over 50 pounds should ever touch a shelf, regardless of the size of the package.

I unload this truck everyday that sometimes has 120ib long packages on the very top shelf. I think its better, I could just slide it right onto the metro and let the sorters deal with it, lol.

30 to life

According to my center manager there is no specific place that overweights belong, ie in the rear of the vehicle! Today I had 79 lbs and 74 lbs packages loaded behind my bulk head door...a common occurrence! Of course we are all adapters to the stuff they throw at us, but one day their neglect will result in injury...which will undoubtedly be our fault (methods and procedures)! But what I loved the most about our conversation was that he compared overweights to our handcart...not drawing a correlation? Yeah, me neither! After pointing out to him that handcart do not weigh in the excess of 70 lbs and have wheels to maneuver them when needed, he said "be safe out there!" End result: overweights are now allowed anywhere in the truck...can't wait to get the 80 pounder on the back of my 7k shelf!

Sent using BrownCafe App
I had 5 over 70s behind my bulkhead door. Got to love my preloader for carrying them up to the front and the funny thing is the pkgs were to go in 8000 section. At least he put them on the floor.