Palin and letterman

tieguy

Banned
Another little trist in the news. It appears Letterman does not understand that joking about 14 year olds getting "knocked" up is not appropriate.

Letterman tried to say his joke was about the 18 year old but the 14 year old was the only one that went to yankee stadium.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ver_sexuallyperverted_joke_on_late_night.html

The liberals got away with the family attacks during Obamas love fest campaign and thought they could keep on attacking without any consequences. I'm enjoying the Palins practically referring to Letterman as some type of 62 year old pervert. He deserves it.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I swear I would never have known about this if you hadn't told me. Good eye! Who's campaign is Letterman working for?

Channahon

I don't like Letterman, never have and won't watch his show.
He's a rude, pompous ass who was way out of line with this joke.
I think the Palins are responding appropiately, and now he is on the defensive.

diesel96

Another little trist in the news. It appears Letterman does not understand that joking about 14 year olds getting "knocked" up is not appropriate.

Letterman tried to say his joke was about the 18 year old but the 14 year old was the only one that went to yankee stadium.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ver_sexuallyperverted_joke_on_late_night.html

The liberals got away with the family attacks during Obamas love fest campaign and thought they could keep on attacking without any consequences. I'm enjoying the Palins practically referring to Letterman as some type of 62 year old pervert. He deserves it.

Worse than Howard Stern and his Rutgers womens basketball team comments?

That was the lame "Imus in the morning"...not Stern....Upstate, are loosing that knappy memory of yours.....:wink2:

The joke was tasteless, and very questionable. But I did not come away with the impression of raping the Palin's 14 year old daughter as Todd Palin and some suggest here. Even addressed at Bristol the 18 yr old 'baby momma", it's still in bad taste. And, as a Dad, i would be pissed to.
But may I suggest not to engage a comedian with a microphone and an audience. Look at the Rush factor. He's crude all the time, republicans cowar like puppies to him, Dem's claim he's the mouthpiece of the party, and his ratings skyrocket with confrontations. The Palin camp will have the same effect on Letterman's ratings if they continue to bantor.

The Palin camp ought to focus on reviving her 2012 aspirations instead of continuing to get into these spats with other personalities. if she wants to be a serious contender, who's giving her awful advise her to engage in media battle's with Bristol's boyfriend, the Mccain camp and now Letterman.

And last but not least, what are Sarah, Todd and the Palins advisors, thinking, allowing their 18 year old teenage "baby momma" daughter, parading her baby on the cover of People Magazine with georgous air-brushed pictures promoting abstanance but in reality it sends the wrong message by glamourizing teen age pregnancy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-fuller/bristol-palins-empeopleem_b_206244.html

over9five

Staff member
So Diesel, if someone suggested a baseball player rape your 14 year old daughter, you would say nothing?

I'm glad they took the old pervert to task. You can't just let something like that slide. The hell with political aspirations, defend your family!

diesel96

So Diesel, if someone suggested a baseball player rape your 14 year old daughter, you would say nothing?

I'm glad they took the old pervert to task. You can't just let something like that slide. The hell with political aspirations, defend your family!

If you come away with Letterman suggesting a baseball player rape Palin's 14 yr old daughter, thats your hang up...I don't twist and parse words such as "rape" to fit an opinion.....i've already said my peace....reread it

over9five

Staff member
The Palin camp ought to focus on reviving her 2012 aspirations instead of continuing to get into these spats with other personalities. if she wants to be a serious contender, who's giving her awful advise her to engage in media battle's with Bristol's boyfriend, the Mccain camp and now Letterman.

Translation:

"If someone attacks your daughter, sit back and say nothing".

I think I understood it the first time....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Diesel I have to disagree with you on parading the daughter.
Just because she made a mistake and got pregnant unmarried, should she be degraded and sent away to an unwed mothers home, and be hidden away like in the 60s, put the baby up for adoption, or better yet to the liberals out there, sent to Dr. Tillers office. (oh wait hes dead) And did you see how his death was commemorated with free abortions for all?
She was young, she made a mistake and she is taking responsibility, caring for her child, loving it, and sending a message that it aint easy, it aint the way to do it, But. and getting on with her life. And I would bet Momma and Daddy are footing the bill until she can be responsible for her family herself.
I had a child and I was very young, and my parents never hid me away, (although they may have wanted to) They helped me and I raised my child to be a fine young man. And even though Roe vs Wade, passed on my birthday, (also the day I conceived:greedy:) and abortion was now an option, they did not suggest it. And they stood by me. As parents should. So I see no problem parading her. They have a brand new grandchild to love, a daughter they still love, and a message to send to young girls.
Wait til you are old enough, married and ready, its not all glamour.

bigbrownhen

Whatever Letterman may have intended to be funny, it wasn't. It doesn't matter if he was talking about the younger or older sister, or any woman for that matter. Suggesting being "knocked up" is a crude, tastless comment that holds no humor at all.

It sure has his ratings up doesn't it. I've never been a big fan of his anyway, even less now.

I agree with Tooner on this one, Bristol Palin made a mistake, picked herself up and is doing the best she can to provide for her child. She is very fortunate to have a family help her through such a difficult time in her young life. Her message isn't "it's been so wonderful", its has been, "Hey this is not easy, don't go down this road if you can help it, but if you do, its not the end of the world".
I didn't have my teen pregnancy splashed all over the media, I think she is making the best of a tough situation.

ups1990

Letterman, is turning his show into a political one.

Here's to Conan, being the new king of the late night talk shows.

diesel96

Diesel I have to disagree with you on parading the daughter.
Just because she made a mistake and got pregnant unmarried, should she be degraded and sent away to an unwed mothers home, and be hidden away like in the 60s, put the baby up for adoption, or better yet to the liberals out there, sent to Dr. Tillers office. (oh wait hes dead) And did you see how his death was commemorated with free abortions for all?
She was young, she made a mistake and she is taking responsibility, caring for her child, loving it, and sending a message that it aint easy, it aint the way to do it, But. and getting on with her life. And I would bet Momma and Daddy are footing the bill until she can be responsible for her family herself.
I had a child and I was very young, and my parents never hid me away, (although they may have wanted to) They helped me and I raised my child to be a fine young man. And even though Roe vs Wade, passed on my birthday, (also the day I conceived:greedy:) and abortion was now an option, they did not suggest it. And they stood by me. As parents should. So I see no problem parading her. They have a brand new grandchild to love, a daughter they still love, and a message to send to young girls.
Wait til you are old enough, married and ready, its not all glamour.

As a parent, IMO I would limit the exposure of my child(ren) if I was a public figure. But that's just me. Once that young adult flies from the coop, and champions a position publicly...all bets are off.....game on.... again, ask Magan McCain and Chelsea Clintion.....Just to be on the record and reiterate, all sexist and phyiscal appearance remarks is wrong....

tieguy

Banned
Look at the Rush factor. He's crude all the time, republicans cowar like puppies to him, Dem's claim he's the mouthpiece of the party, and his ratings skyrocket with confrontations. The Palin camp will have the same effect on Letterman's ratings if they continue to bantor.

My memory is a bit fuzzy. When did Rush ever joke about someones 14 year old minor daughter getting knocked up by an adult baseball player?

I disagree. I think the palins should have taken lettermans offer to come on his show and then beat him to a pulp. The Palins have shown remarkable restraint in light of yet another vulger joke about a daughter.

And last but not least, what are Sarah, Todd and the Palins advisors, thinking, allowing their 18 year old teenage "baby momma" daughter, parading her baby on the cover of People Magazine with georgous air-brushed pictures promoting abstanance but in reality it sends the wrong message by glamourizing teen age pregnancy.

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-fuller/bristol-palins-empeopleem_b_206244.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-fuller/bristol-palins-empeopleem_b_206244.html[/URL]

Looks like you're squirming Dies see if you can stay focused on the task at hand.