Part-time hrs.

Robert91

If I'm not mistaken, your guaranteed 3.5 hours per scheduled workday. So yes you are correct. If however you are a new hire (by that I mean you have not made your one year anniversary), than you did not get paid holiday pay for the 26th of December and the 2nd of January. That being the case, if you worked at least 3.5 hours each scheduled workday, for the past two weeks, you would have to have a minium of 14 hours for each week.

Btw, I'm never had a problem with 3.5 hour minium, so maybe some else can shed some light on how that works.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yea, I thought I was guaranteed 17.5 hrs. a week. Im only getting about 15. Is there anything I can do about this ?

The guarantee is daily, not weekly. Were you asked to leave early and not ask for your guarantee? Do you have less than one year in which means you would not get paid for 12/26, 12/31 or 1/2?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
You have to ask then work it i.e." I want my 3 1/2 " It is a guarantee by the contract but you have to work.Be careful though once you ask for it there is no guarantee that you go home after that time. You stay until they send you home.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Now I am having same problem they are cutting my hours by putting my start time back. Only have certain window of time at my location to get 3 and 1/2 I have been ok with getting a little less than than that but now they are cutting another 1.25 hours off my time or $25.86 a week x 52 = $1,344.71 in my 401K or a stock purchase @ 5% discount . Being a steward I feel like a jerk bumping someone with lower seniority(I have top in my area) to get the extra time.Still contemplating what to do.

sugar2

You are guaranteed 3.5 hours a night which makes a total of 17.5 hours a week. If the supervisors have more work for you you can ask.

Right now they are cutting back hours making employees take a day off every week making sure they only work 3.5 hours a day no more than that to stay in with their labor time requirments from their management. Dont think this fair sometimes we cannot finish our work 3.5 hours they make us leave anyway and give the work and hours to someone else with less Seniority. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do???