Patriots 49ers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The drive. The fumble. Does that ring any bells??
Nope but I Googled it:
It wasn't just the headline that referenced John Elway, it was the body of the article and I quote "Elway became the sixth player to throw for that many, and the first since Joe Kapp on Sept. 28, 1969."

We of course can understand why an Ohio newspaper would still be so Elway-centric. There is "The Drive" "The Fumble", and of course "The Beatdown" all of which resulted in the Broncos advancing to the Super Bowl while the Browns were sent home. In fact lets take a look at Elway's performance in all three of those games:

January 11th, 1987 AFC Championship Game: Denver Broncos at Cleveland Browns
John Elway: 22-38 57.9% 244 yards 1 TD, 1 INT
This was the game dubbed "The Drive" in which John Elway led a 98.5 yard TD drive late in the fourth quarter to tie the game and send it into overtime. Rich Karlis booted the game winner and the Broncos were Super Bowl Bound for the 2nd time in franchise history.

Final Score: Broncos 23 Browns 20

I like the way the article ends since it reminds me of Upstate NY:
Let's just say the entire city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio for that matter has and will always be Elway-phobic.

We own you Cleveland!

Nope but I Googled it:
It wasn't just the headline that referenced John Elway, it was the body of the article and I quote "Elway became the sixth player to throw for that many, and the first since Joe Kapp on Sept. 28, 1969."

We of course can understand why an Ohio newspaper would still be so Elway-centric. There is "The Drive" "The Fumble", and of course "The Beatdown" all of which resulted in the Broncos advancing to the Super Bowl while the Browns were sent home. In fact lets take a look at Elway's performance in all three of those games:

January 11th, 1987 AFC Championship Game: Denver Broncos at Cleveland Browns
John Elway: 22-38 57.9% 244 yards 1 TD, 1 INT
This was the game dubbed "The Drive" in which John Elway led a 98.5 yard TD drive late in the fourth quarter to tie the game and send it into overtime. Rich Karlis booted the game winner and the Broncos were Super Bowl Bound for the 2nd time in franchise history.

Final Score: Broncos 23 Browns 20

I like the way the article ends since it reminds me of Upstate NY:
Let's just say the entire city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio for that matter has and will always be Elway-phobic.

We own you Cleveland!
I cried that day. I still remember everything about it.

Re-Raise

I know that you know we have a sports forum...
and those are my picks as well but these are both pick'em games today so it would not surprise me at all to see Broncos/ Seahawks.

Not exactly pick-em when the Broncos are giving 5.5 pts.

I bet the Broncos in Vegas last summer at 3 for 1 to win the AFC Championship and 5.5 for 1 to win the Superbowl.

Seattle wins at home also.

MAKAVELI

Saw a story on Julius Thomas. He was a star basketball player in hs and college. Never played football until his last year of eligibility in college then got drafted in the 4th by Denver. Pretty amazing considering most of these guys started very young in Pop Warner.

Re-Raise

Saw a story on Julius Thomas. He was a star basketball player in hs and college. Never played football until his last year of eligibility in college then got drafted in the 4th by Denver. Pretty amazing considering most of these guys started very young in Pop Warner.
Basketball players make great tight ends (slow pitch for Indecision). I think Gates, Gonzales and Graham were all basketball players.

I have Peyton in year two of a five year 16 team keeper league. I just hope he doesn't retire at the end of the season.

We got a guy alike that. Jordan Cameron and he's in the pro bowl this year.