Vaction pay 20yrs, started in Dec. 2003, when do I get 6 weeks??

comtnbrown

I was told last December 2023 that I had 5 weeks of vacation pay, plus option week. Picked all six no worries. Come Nov 2023 had 2 weeks picked only got paid for 1. Put in for grievance for 6th week, now UPS is claiming that since my seniority date was Dec 3, 2003, that I didn't get that extra week until 2024. Union steward claims I should? Anyone else have this issue when your seniority date fell in Dec. What about those whose fall in November. There's no cutoff date in the contract, just states at 20yrs. Also I was told that it would be paid out, just had to wait til unpaid vacation dump on Dec 15th. What a mess.

I was told last December 2023 that I had 5 weeks of vacation pay, plus option week. Picked all six no worries. Come Nov 2023 had 2 weeks picked only got paid for 1. Put in for grievance for 6th week, now UPS is claiming that since my seniority date was Dec 3, 2003, that I didn't get that extra week until 2024. Union steward claims I should? Anyone else have this issue when your seniority date fell in Dec. What about those whose fall in November. There's no cutoff date in the contract, just states at 20yrs. Also I was told that it would be paid out, just had to wait til unpaid vacation dump on Dec 15th. What a mess.
On what date did you complete your 20th year of service?

Nah
If I understand you right I think UPS is right, but you should have been able to use it the week after Christmas... Depending on your supplement...

I always got my extra days after my seniority date for that year. Your problem being that your seniority date is in the middle of peak when you can't use vacations.

What does your BA say?

oldngray

nowhere special
If I understand you right I think UPS is right, but you should have been able to use it the week after Christmas... Depending on your supplement...

I always got my extra days after my seniority date for that year. Your problem being that your seniority date is in the middle of peak when you can't use vacations.

What does your BA say?
Seniority date in Dec is unusual. If you are hired during free period your seniority is usually the first day you work after peak.

Brown Down

It’s not at but after your 20th year of service. Your steward is wrong- as expected
no your wrong as usual. you would get your 5th week at 20. just went through it 2 years ago. You can't pick all your vacations before they accrue ie his 5th week isn't available to be used until after december 3rd. From what i can tell he either could have only used it the last week of december or just been paid out. This year he is clear to use all 5 at any point. Management should have caught this during vacation picks.

Thebrownblob

It’s not at but after your 20th year of service. Your steward is wrong- as expected.
1705262663658.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You get that week after your seniority date, however you can't take it in November because you didn't hit seniority and ups usually don't let you take vacation in December, however anytime after the December 3rd it should of been paid out, unless their trying to say you were a seasonal when you were hired

UPSER1987

Noooooo. You’re wrong. When he hits 20 he gets bumped to whatever his supplement has. Not at 21. You’re typically the reason UPS sucks to work at.
Sorry, you’re wrong bud. I know from experience. :censored2: advice on this site. No wonder it’s just the same 10 people posting on this site non stop

UPSER1987

And I know from more recent experience as I just got mine 2 years ago. Typical manager. Wrong about everything. Can't wait for AI replace your bumbling dumbasses.
lol…well you 10 guys enjoy smelling each others farts, because you’re wrong. Again :censored2: advice and answers on the site. OP will find out on his own.

Brown Down

lol…well you 10 guys enjoy smelling each others farts, because you’re wrong. Again :censored2: advice and answers on the site. OP will find out on his own.
So the 10 guys all saying the same thing is wrong and the maroon who is wrong way more than he is right on here is right? Gtfoh. :censored2:

UPSER1987

Well there must be a bunch of :censored2: drivers in my area. I approve vacations and administer payments. None of you jack asses have done that..so I know from THAT experience. When you have done that, get back to me lol. Gtfoh with your :censored2:.

Manifesto

So the 10 guys all saying the same thing is wrong and the maroon who is wrong way more than he is right on here is right? Gtfoh. :censored2:
I'm the 11th guy I guess. My seniority date is in October and the year that I hit my 8th year of seniority I got my extra week of vacation and I took it in November. When it was time to make our selections in November the previous year it already had me at 3 weeks + 1 option week on the selection form.

Brown Down

Well there must be a bunch of :censored2: drivers in my area. I approve vacations and administer payments. None of you jack asses have done that..so I know from THAT experience. When you have done that, get back to me lol. Gtfoh with your :censored2:.
So your the :censored2: I have to fight when they are ficked up. Go figure. Probably shouldn't have told everyone that. Enjoy being replaced soon

Drink Craft Beer

When I was in my 19th year and it was time to turn in vacation for the following year, I was told that since my 20yr anniversary was in October of next year I would get a 6th week cause the annv. was before peak.

Seems strange someone having a December anniversary considering that's usually seasonal hires in which that time accumulated doesn't count towards your 30 days.