Pay actual

Ashell

Does this show up on the WoR? If you worked in an air hub, but doubled on preload, would this be the reason to do that, because its technically a different operation?

Ashell

I'm not a driver. I'm inside hub. Its pretty rare the guarantee ever comes into play because you either don't normally work 3.5 hours, so you wouldn't get it, or you always work 3.5 hours. I can find something to do. Either way does it work the same way on a double shift. I'm just asking if pay actual shows up on the WOR.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Hard to see you roll your eyes with your coke bottle lenses.
bubbles.gif

PT Car Washer

I'm not a driver. I'm inside hub. Its pretty rare the guarantee ever comes into play because you either don't normally work 3.5 hours, so you wouldn't get it, or you always work 3.5 hours. I can find something to do. Either way does it work the same way on a double shift. I'm just asking if pay actual shows up on the WOR.
The way my Business Agent explained it was you are only guaranteed 3 1/2 hours a day. Not another 3 1/2 hour guarantee for working a second sort. But of course who would come in to work doubles when you may be sent home after an hour or so? Normally management will give double shifters their hours if the hourly wants them even if they have to ask others to go home early. This is managements problem.

By The Book

The hours you are paid for show up on the weekly operating report(wor).Its the paper that lists names and hours paid, and should be on a counter somewhere. They usually have one for each day of the week. I think once you work your primary and they double shift you, you would work the whole shift because you are replacing someone's shift that they would've worked.

PrimeUPS

Just about everything shows on a WOR, it's a rather long printout but if I were you I wouldn't be worried about what's on it. The more important question is how the hours show to the correct operating unit. If you work twilight and then work package, your hours need to show on hub and then to the appropriate center. The way I understand it, your hours are guaranteed per day. If your working day crosses the date line, it's per 24 hours basically. You could work 2 hours on twilight and 2 hours on preload and you would have worked 4 hours for the day. Check with your local for the stipulations that manage your area.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Why in the world would they let someone double shift if they have to ask others on that shift to go home early to avoid being overstaffed?
Usually it's because in PKG they tell us we're going to have X volume and be slammed, only to find out it is Y and we're missing a ton of volume and no longer need that person. If someone comes in it usually means the need the hours, so I always ask my guys first since there is almost always someone who will say yes.

PrimeUPS

Usually it's because in PKG they tell us we're going to have X volume and be slammed, only to find out it is Y and we're missing a ton of volume and no longer need that person. If someone comes in it usually means the need the hours, so I always ask my guys first since there is almost always someone who will say yes.

You're forgetting that the volume estimate from PKG isn't really necessarily from PKG, it's from IE. When the PKG estimate comes into play is that morning when the PDS comes up and says "so, about that plan". By then he knows if you're missing a train or picked up an extra, whatever the case may be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Suppose they all say no----do you then send the double shifter home?