Pay Raise, Pre-Union Question

nystripe96

Ok, so last month my main Hub supervisor gave me a $1 raise putting me at $9.50 at only 60 days in. I go to see my paycheck this week, and now I've been bumped to $10.50/hr. I was quite shocked to see the bump in pay, but question whether it's a mistake or not. Is this the 90 day raise I was supposed to get anyway, or should I tell HR about the issue? If it's a mistake I don't want to get in trouble for making $10.50/hr while not even in the union yet.

JonFrum

You sure you haven't passed your 90 day mark? (You joined Browncafe in August.)

You don't have to be in the Union to get raises. You just have to be in the Bargaining Unit.

The only connection between part-time raises and the Teamsters Union is part-timers made 56 cents less than Top Package Car Rate up until 1982 when the Teamsters negotiated a drastically reduced New Hire Part-time Rate of only $8.00. Years later that was increased to $8.50. It hasn't been raised since.

nystripe96

I asked a few guys I work with about it. Our hub supe is cool & just gives us the $1 raise without having to take the sort test. So I think my pre union $10.50/hr is legit. I'll def take it haha.

menotyou

bella amicizia
They are $10.50 within a month at my center. It's the only way they stay. I am sure it's legit. Don't worry Nystripe96. It sounds like they are keeping you after peak. Congrats. I am happy for you.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I ask for a rasies all the time, just because of my performance in preload. I never get it, LOL.

One air driver told me they get me a poweraid, their still worken on it, LOL.

I'm being sarcastic about the drink, not the raise though, I always ask for the hell of it.