Pay Raise, Pre-Union Question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Dec 14, 2011.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Ok, so last month my main Hub supervisor gave me a $1 raise putting me at $9.50 at only 60 days in. I go to see my paycheck this week, and now I've been bumped to $10.50/hr. I was quite shocked to see the bump in pay, but question whether it's a mistake or not. Is this the 90 day raise I was supposed to get anyway, or should I tell HR about the issue? If it's a mistake I don't want to get in trouble for making $10.50/hr while not even in the union yet.

2. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

You sure you haven't passed your 90 day mark? (You joined Browncafe in August.)

You don't have to be in the Union to get raises. You just have to be in the Bargaining Unit.

The only connection between part-time raises and the Teamsters Union is part-timers made 56 cents less than Top Package Car Rate up until 1982 when the Teamsters negotiated a drastically reduced New Hire Part-time Rate of only $8.00. Years later that was increased to $8.50. It hasn't been raised since.

3. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I am passed the 90 days, but instead of being given one $1 raise, I've been given two.

4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

1. Shhhhhh

2. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

don't spend it because they will find their mistake and you'll owe it back.

6. softshoe

softshoe Member

When they find the mistake you will have to repay them.

7. splozi

splozi Guest

Is that even legal?

I started at 9.50/hr, instead of the 8.50 I was told I would be making. I'm keeping my mouth shut.

8. DontThinkJustWork

DontThinkJustWork New Member

Did you take the pickoff test?

9. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I asked a few guys I work with about it. Our hub supe is cool & just gives us the $1 raise without having to take the sort test. So I think my pre union $10.50/hr is legit. I'll def take it haha.

10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

They are $10.50 within a month at my center. It's the only way they stay. I am sure it's legit. Don't worry Nystripe96. It sounds like they are keeping you after peak. Congrats. I am happy for you.

11. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Thanx meno

12. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

I ask for a rasies all the time, just because of my performance in preload. I never get it, LOL.

One air driver told me they get me a poweraid, their still worken on it, LOL.

I'm being sarcastic about the drink, not the raise though, I always ask for the hell of it.

13. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

So do I get another raise when I make book too, or is it just gonna be the additional .50 at the end of my one year?

14. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

The next increase you get should be to $11.00, at one year.

15. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Ok, I figured as much. Thanx Hondo