Paycheck question?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wonderwolf, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Brasswolf

Brasswolf New Member

At the end of the fiscal year I had "Vac 40.00- H" at the bottom of my check. On the next paycheck 8 hours randomly showed up on my stub as "OPT PAYO" and I was paid for it and the 40 - zeroed out. My question is where exactly did this 8 hours come from? not taking sick days???? why is it 8 hours? I've been with the company 6 years and have never had this before. I have only had 1 sick day in 6 years and this is the first time I have ever seen this on a paycheck.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

OPT PAYO means you got paid for unused time.

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Yea, but the 8 hours has me confused. Should it not be 40?

4. Xexys

Xexys Retired and Happy

Option day?

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Most likely.

Vacation is "use it or lose it".

6. Xexys

Xexys Retired and Happy

Would really hurt if it were the floating holiday that used to be election day. I've seen people forget about using that before and is good reasoning why the company decided to make it a floating holiday. Just for reasons like this, people will forget to take it and end up getting paid just 8 hours essentially losing 16 hours + of pay for the day.

7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

We don't forget election day...it's the only day I enjoy going to work...lol. Triple time? Yes please!

8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Vote early. Vote often.

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We don't get Election Day pay. I'm outraged!

10. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Lol yes quite a few locals don't....that sucks. Although, I'd give up Election Day pay to be able to roll over my sick days.