Pelosi

wkmac

Timeline: What Pelosi Knew and When

Since I know from some part of the Amen corner here, this will come up so might as well go ahead and hit it head on.

Two Republicans, Ron Paul of Texas and Walter Jones of North Carolina join Democrats in voting 252-172 to block the measure.

I can't address Jones reasons but Paul's office has commented.

“He didn’t want to cast a contentious political vote,” said Mills, “because he thinks that torture is the real issue here. He sees what’s going on as a partisan stunt.”

Paul on Pelosi Commisission Vote

I guess if you're emotionally driven with irrational partisan politics, Paul and Jones actions would be contemptable but if you see what is happening in Washington is nothing more than political theater at it's worst or best, what Paul and Jones did may have been the right thing.

Pelosi deserves to walk the political plank for so many more reasons, no argument from me but if the republican party thinks it can ignore it's own fault in it's huge fall from grace by just ignoring any principle and then yelling because they got caught and that little Nancy's hand is in the jar too, then my guess is President Obama and the democrats can make the kind of long term plans a 2nd Presidential term allows one to make.

Just on sheer numbers, the republicans never had a chance even with Paul's support but on the flipside, had this passed, the Congress would then spend the foreseeable future in utter chaos fighting over whose at fault. With such fighting 2 things happen. 1st: nothing gets done which in our case IMO is a good thing. The less these folks do the better. 2nd: As the rock throwing begins, it tends to esculate and the potential for the ever explosive nuclear revelation that could shatter the very foundation our gov't sits own. In that case and from that position, IMO you could argue Paul and Jones were wrong and should have voted with the republicans but in truth that's the last thing the repubs want anyway. But I'm patient, one day they'll all screw up and go to far and then it's showtime!

:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Chelsea was cruely ridiculed by Republicans as being an ugly kid, growing up in the Whitehouse, simply out of the hatred of her father.

Perhaps you could dig up the old press clippings and videos where Chelsea's ugliness as a teenager was constantly discussed and ridiculed.

Absolutely no comparison.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pinocchio, Snow White, and Superman

Pinocchio, Snow White, and Superman are out for a stroll in town one
day. As they walk, they come across a sign:

"Beauty contest for the most beautiful woman in the world."

"I am entering!" said Snow White. After half an hour she comes out
and they ask her, "Well, how'd ya do?"
"First Place!," said Snow White.

They continue walking and they see a sign:
"Contest for the strongest man in the world."

"I'm entering," says Superman. After half an hour, he returns and they
ask him, "How did you make out?" "First Place," answers Superman. "Did
you ever doubt?"

They continue walking when they see a sign:
"Contest! Who is the greatest liar in the world?" Pinocchio enters.
After half an hour he returns with tears in his eyes.
"What happened?" they asked.

"Who the hell is Nancy Pelosi
?" asked Pinocchio.<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif">

wkmac

I wondered where she had disappeared to ?
China
Great place to compare torture tactics .

I heard someone comment yesterday that the Congressional break enjoyed in Washington right now came at a good time to take Pelosi out of the spotlight so to speak. But I want you red staters to consider how far you guys have really fallen under good ole George Bush and the great party leadership you guys have. The democrats were able to whip your arse and virtually run you guys out of town and power with just this.

Now consider these 3 to all the various "statesman" who have served across the American timeline and at least at this moment, where would they fit in? Not at the top and not in the middle either. Your side got their arse whipped by a bunch of political bottom feeders and therefore what does that make you and your party? But hey, you can always waste time signing petitions for birth certificates or screaming about a SCOTUS appointee who actual got her federal judicial start via the 1st George Bush, also a republiCON!

Thanks for nothing! I have to say, at least Harry Reid did do one thing right towards you guys that I would agree with.

wkmac

They said on Fox this morning we were going to trade her for a gymnast!

If true, look for China in the near future to charge America in the international courts with business fraud under the Treaty concerning the movement and trading of "known defective merchandise!"!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont get how she can get away with what she said, Im still mad.
Twist it here spin it there, nominate another radical, yeah, that will take our mind off a delusional wench.

wkmac

Actually she was a Democrat appointee. Go back and check the back room deal that she was made part of.

Backroom deal or not, the simple fact is a republican president put her onto the federal bench. When Clinton nominated her to the appellant court 25 republicans voted to confirm her just as when Ginsburg was voted on, only 3 repubs. voted against. You guys scream and scream about SCOTUS and yet you ignore the fact that 7 of 9 judges (about to be 6 of 9) are republican appointees. So much for the party of rightousness as based on their voting, they were in on the deal!

One of the reasons President Obama may have picked Sotomayer is because more and more he's looking at gov't intervention of the neural highway and byways otherwise known as the cyberworld. Turns out Sotomayer is rather schooled in Cyber law. As we all know Obama has his Cyber Czar (another Russian style title) and he may be placing his handpicked expert of whom the other justices may default to when discussing case law that I'm sure will arise. I'm more interested in the paper Sotomayer wrote as a 21 year old defending the right of secession and if she still holds those views. I hope so!

Sotomayer is not really my cup of tea either but I've not seen the republican party nominate anyone that gave me a "Chris Matthew's Leg moment" either so there you go. :happy-very: (He'll never live that down!)

The real irony of Sotomayer is that she very well could be "Blowback" from American Empire. Had we given Puerto Rico her freedom in 1899' after 500 years of European bondage instead of making her our own posession, Sotomayer's family might have stayed in Puerto Rico and thus she would never be here in the first place.

Welcome to your Empire of your own Destruction!
:rofl:

wkmac

You know, another way to list these pictures is with the following caption under them.

"The above is brought to you by your RepubliCON party with all love and warmest regards!"

As I said, thanks for nothing!

Tell em' Harry!

tieguy

Banned
Wow a thread on pelosi lying gets hijacked by a liberal libertarian into a slam on republicans......:)

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
Three Californian surgeons were playing golf together and discussing surgeries they had performed.

One of them said, "I'm the best surgeon in California . In my favorite case, a concert pianist lost several fingers in an accident, I reattached them, and 8 months later he performed a private concert for the Queen of England "

The second surgeon said, "That's nothing. A young man lost an arm and both legs in an accident, I reattached them and two years later he won a gold medal in track and field events at the Olympics."
The third surgeon said, "You guys are amateurs. Several years ago a woman was high on cocaine and marijuana and she rode a horse head-on into a train traveling 80 miles an hour. All I had left to work with was the woman's hair and the horse's ass. I was able to put them together and now she's Speaker of the House."

UPS Lifer

Three Californian surgeons were playing golf together and discussing surgeries they had performed.

One of them said, "I'm the best surgeon in California . In my favorite case, a concert pianist lost several fingers in an accident, I reattached them, and 8 months later he performed a private concert for the Queen of England "

The second surgeon said, "That's nothing. A young man lost an arm and both legs in an accident, I reattached them and two years later he won a gold medal in track and field events at the Olympics."
The third surgeon said, "You guys are amateurs. Several years ago a woman was high on cocaine and marijuana and she rode a horse head-on into a train traveling 80 miles an hour. All I had left to work with was the woman's hair and the horse's ass. I was able to put them together and now she's Speaker of the House."

Hey Tie check out post #44! We must be on the same email list. 6 degrees of separation as they say!