Pension info...

I'm going through a divorce and need to get info on our pension plan...

I know the contract states something like $55 per year of service (PT) but I need some real documentation... Where do I find this, and/or who do I contact?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Johny

UPS is the one that will have the pension information.

If she has a job and has her own pension, most likely it will be a wash, you keep yours, she keeps hers. Depends on the amount of each.

If she does not work, then most likely your retirement up to this point just got cut in half.

As was posted, the lawyers know how to contact UPS for the info. Just let them do their jobs. They will get answers faster than you could anyway.

d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I lost 16% of my pension and 1/2 of my 401K when I got divorced. The 16% was calculated at 2 times the number of years that I was working at UPS while we were married. The max that you can lose is 50%. I am not sure how that would work if you got remarried and the divorced while still at UPS (and don't plan on finding out.:wink2:) The 401K was divided on the divorce date.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
We have a driver that pays spousal and child support to three women. He is lucky to have any money left over at the end of the week. And I am sure his retirement is shot as well, not to mention his 401K.

But then again, he sewed the fields of his own destruction......

d

raceanoncr

We have a driver that pays spousal and child support to three women. He is lucky to have any money left over at the end of the week. And I am sure his retirement is shot as well, not to mention his 401K.

d

Hmmm...proof that it doesn't take a whole lotta brains to do this job?:peaceful:
Yes, me included!!

rod

Retired 22 years

But then again, he sewed the fields of his own destruction......

d

Sounds like one of our drivers. He knocked up his first wife (yes the child was his) while he was in the process of divorcing her---ca ching- there went 18+ more years of child support payments. After 6 years he got divorced from his 2nd one after having 2 kids with her. I heard awhile back #3 filed. 5 kids altogether. Nothing like having support payments all your life. :sick: