People Serving Pilots

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did you know that our pilots didn't get hit with huge hikes in medical costs? Why not? That would be because they are "special" and they have one of those pesky unions. Since Fred hates unions so much, maybe he should focus his efforts on these terrorists who are ruining Fedex. Ritzy hotels, limo rides to the airport, and spendthrift pensions are all places where Fred can save big money. Put them under the PPP and force our medical plan on them, OK? God, unions are so bad for workers.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Since Fred hates unions so much, maybe he should focus his efforts on these terrorists who are ruining Fedex. Ritzy hotels, limo rides to the airport, and spendthrift pensions are all places where Fred can save big money. Put them under the PPP and force our medical plan on them, OK? God, unions are so bad for workers.

Fred could save a bundle that's for certain 'cause FedEx has a long history of stupid expenditures. But it seems Fred has a hatred of couriers, handlers and CSA's, you know the ones that do all the real work. I think he enjoys taking things away from the workforce. Why else would he go out of his way to do so?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred could save a bundle that's for certain 'cause FedEx has a long history of stupid expenditures. But it seems Fred has a hatred of couriers, handlers and CSA's, you know the ones that do all the real work. I think he enjoys taking things away from the workforce. Why else would he go out of his way to do so?

Because pilots, engineers, and managers are "important". We obviously aren't. Most business schools teach the importance of recognizing and rewarding frontline employees. Fred attended the Josef Stalin School of Business, where you do as he says, or else.

bbsam

Staff member
Are you saying pilots and engineers are as easy to replace as couriers? (I'll give you the managers one)

Cactus

Are you saying pilots and engineers are as easy to replace as couriers? (I'll give you the managers one)

Pilots would definitely be the hardest but I haven't read of any shortages in the last 30 years.

Engineers...... give me a break Sam. There's plenty of engineering grads with 4 year degrees waiting tables at TGI Friday's. Besides they're a dime a dozen. All they do is screw up the daily operations because they've never actually had any real experience doing courier work. So they hide behind a computer and do what their boss (who's just as clueless) tells them to do.

bbsam

Staff member
Pilots would definitely be the hardest but I haven't read of any shortages in the last 30 years.

Engineers...... give me a break Sam. There's plenty of engineering grads with 4 year degrees waiting tables at TGI Friday's. Besides they're a dime a dozen. All they do is screw up the daily operations because they've never actually had any real experience doing courier work. Soea they hide behind a computer and do what their boss (who's just as clueless) tells them to do.
probably right about the engineers. I was equating industrial with electrical or mechanical. Drivers aren't that hard to replace,though. I don't like doing it, but gotta be easier than pilots.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
probably right about the engineers. I was equating industrial with electrical or mechanical. Drivers aren't that hard to replace,though. I don't like doing it, but gotta be easier than pilots.

Nobody is saying that pilots don't deserve to be highly paid. It's a highly-skilled job. What I am saying is that they don't deserve to be treated like flying gods in comparison to the hourlies. Why shouldn't they also participate in our wonderful medical and pension programs? Fred is always telling us how great our benefits are, so perhaps we should let the pilots in on such a wonderful deal. They already make big bucks, so why pour salt into an open wound? The gap is simply huge, and well beyond what it should be.

vantexan

Nobody is saying that pilots don't deserve to be highly paid. It's a highly-skilled job. What I am saying is that they don't deserve to be treated like flying gods in comparison to the hourlies. Why shouldn't they also participate in our wonderful medical and pension programs? Fred is always telling us how great our benefits are, so perhaps we should let the pilots in on such a wonderful deal. They already make big bucks, so why pour salt into an open wound? The gap is simply huge, and well beyond what it should be.

But they ARE unionized, why would they settle for the little we get?

There was a front page article in USAToday today talking about the failing middle class. Cited examples of people making close to $100k annually now living with parents and working as day laborers at temp agencies. I've very much resented being told for the last 13 years that my work will never be worth as much as a topped out courier's. But right now I'm glad for what I do have. It could be worse. Did you see the video explaining why medical costs were going up? That guy smiling at us and saying it's because the latest technology and medicines just cost more. As if we're too stupid to know they're putting more of the cost on us to keep their profit margin. We have no control over what this company does, and have to take it because we could be out on the street begging. It's not just FedEx folks. Half our population expects great pay for little effort, and half expects to give you little pay for great effort. Start a business or get into a field that pays, and has openings! We are in a dead end job where they expect us to exist for their benefit. And if they're truly looking to make us part-time, how the heck can we afford the healthcare?

Cactus

It'll get to a point pretty soon where none of the workforce can afford to stay here.Gee thanks Fred.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It'll get to a point pretty soon where none of the workforce can afford to stay here.Gee thanks Fred.

Fred is quickly earning his karma back via the low-quality employees FedEx is attracting and hiring because nobody else wants the job for long. The pilots figured Smith out a long time ago, and I give them full credit for that. The lesson here is that they subdued Fred by unionizing, and forced him to cut them a square deal. If they hadn't, he'd still be playing games with them too.