Performance Review

MAKAVELI

Your welcome. I never suggested that profits weren't high, simply that they weren't the double digit homerun that you continue to insist that they were. And even you have to admit that you and others have spent countless posts describing the slow but certain decline of the courier position. In Goldi's case, it took several months here to finally see it.
If Express wages were as low as grounds with no benefits we would definitely be seeing the same profit as you guys.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe so. But we still have MFE's little BS assertion that they were double digit at one time. Perhaps you can help him out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe so. But we still have MFE's little BS assertion that they were double digit at one time. Perhaps you can help him out.

I am still trying to find back info, which isn't as easy as it sounds. As I said, the last double-digit profit margin (10%) was May, 2006. Finding back Annual Reports and profit margins has been so far unsuccessful. Whatever you might think, Express was incredibly profitable during the 80's and 90's, and many of those years were undoubtedly in the double digits. They allowed Fred to buy RPS, Flying Tigers, Roberts Express, and the several trucking companies also purchased. Where do you think the money came from, the Profit Fairy?

bbsam

Staff member
You made the statement. I just ask you to back it up. When Ground posts huge profit margins it isn't because the just decide not to put expenditures on the balance sheet.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You made the statement. I just ask you to back it up. When Ground posts huge profit margins it isn't because the just decide not to put expenditures on the balance sheet.

The one big reason Ground posts big profits is low labor costs....that's about it. What would happen if all Ground contractors had to pay a living wage and provide benefits? Drop that profit margin accordingly.

bbsam

Staff member
The costs are what the costs are with nothi g hidden. You don't have to like it, but the numbers don't lie. Now about those double digit profits for Express, why could you find one quarte and no more?

Ground makes big profits..Because
they run FedEx like the old Coalmine company store.!!!!16 tons, what do you get? Another day older and deeper and debt!!..Make your money now! A Union is coming to YOUR town!!..Pay now or forever hold your profits!!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The costs are what the costs are with nothi g hidden. You don't have to like it, but the numbers don't lie. Now about those double digit profits for Express, why could you find one quarte and no more?

Geez........give it up already.

You seem to be in denial about Ground making big profits from cheap labor costs. So what if MFE can't find the data about double digit profits? Big effin' deal. It must keep you up most nights.

Geez........give it up already.

You seem to be in denial about Ground making big profits from cheap labor costs. So what if MFE can't find the data about double digit profits? Big effin' deal. It must keep you up most nights.
That doesn't keep him up at night. Counting all that cash ..he didn't pay all his well deserving contractors does!