Performance Review

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Feddy, May 2, 2013.

1. Feddy

Feddy New Member

Hello, does anybody can explain me the real purpose of the Performance Review (PR). At our station it is done every year and its obvious clear that managers give less points than a courier earns. Why is the question that we all have here. Many thanks...
  2. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

They're still doing performance reviews at your location?
  3. Feddy

Feddy New Member

Yes each employee after the first six months and then yearly.
  4. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

Not at our station.
  5. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Not at mine either.
  6. 55+

55+ Member

they still do them at my station but dont assign a number to it. I dont know why..its just extra work for my mgr
  7. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Are you Express?
    We haven't had them for a few years with the score and all.
    We have a meeting once a year to talk about something, I just can't remember what it is we talk about starting 2 secs. after I leave my mgrs. office after this meeting.
  8. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Looking at Feddy's previous posts, he is located in Europe.
    Feddy, the way Express is operated in other countries varies.

In the past in the US the performance review was used to determine how little of a raise you would get.
    Now in the US we have no review, and well our raises(at least this year) are gone.
  9. Feddy

Feddy New Member

Yes, Express and in Europe.
  10. fedx.drivr

fedx.drivr New Member

Canada still has reviews after 6 months, then yearly also. It is scored, and our raise is based on the score.
  11. Reattempt tomorrow

Reattempt tomorrow New Member

What raise????
  12. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

you know, the raise we won't be getting in October
  13. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

"Due to a declining Express market (waving hands), higher fuel prices, ( wringing hands), and a shift of customers to alternate modes (more waving hands and a big smile), there will be NO raises in October. I, however, will be getting a spanking new jet with ostrich leather interior and a spa (waving hands)".
  14. NonyaBiznes

NonyaBiznes Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

Raise? You mean when you get that "willy", when your undies are yanked?

That raise?
  15. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

That's the only raise you'll get at Express. If they showed MT3 from the waist-down, he'd be pitching his tent over not giving us one.
  16. Reattempt tomorrow

Reattempt tomorrow New Member

Don't forget the "times are tough in this economy, should be glad you work for such a friendly company that doesn't layoff employees. Be thankful you have a job." (Hands folded together)
  17. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

I get my raise next month

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
  19. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

No reason to believe that Ground isn't getting their annual review raises. It isn't Express, we don't believe that the sky is falling when somebody farts.

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

I guess you have a lot of faith in our fearless leader that he has no plans to take from his ground " employees" to increase profit to show the stockholders. Maybe you will get a raise. Just don't be surprised if in a couple weeks you get the speech on how your raise is being " deferred".