Pilot strike

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sounds like bad management to me. If you only give a raise and do nothing to demand more productivity or manage the workers to get higher productivity that’s a management problem. Higher wages tied to increased job scrutiny to get higher productivity is how it works. The workers value their job more with higher wages and work harder to keep it. If you only give them money and expect them to magically produce more then you can’t be surprised when magic isn’t real. It’s not surprising that workers claim they are at their max output that doesn’t mean that’s true.
Except that's not how it works.

59 Dano

YOU are leaving out something important. Increased productivity is not simply the result of employees working harder. Increased efficiency is the result of processes being improved that assist the employee by streamlining their workload. One small example was (finally) the addition of address barcodes, eliminating typing and the time it took, ntm errors eliminated. Residential release was a major productivity improvement. These changes depend upon management/engineers, not couriers.

I think you are placing the blame on the wrong group.
I'm blaming the people who said they would do more if given a good raise who were given a good raise and refused to do more.

59 Dano

This company has to buy my work ethic. It’s for sale. You seem to think a good raise doesn’t make an employee more productive. But that’s not how it works. The company has to increase my pay every single year if they want the same base level of productivity out of me…. Why? Because my grocery bill goes up every year. I pay more at the pump every year. My health insurance goes up every year. FedEx owes me a ton of money in lost wages from less than decent raises. So in return I owe this company nothing. This company bought itself a workforce that doesn’t care. I’ll continue to throw these sense aware tags in the trash, and go back to my $50 nap I was taking. Thanks FedEx.
Lazy people always feel justified in their laziness and excuses. We get it.