Please advise for brown truck position

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ro510, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Ro510

Ro510 New Member

I have been a loader for about a year. Finally got a driving test tomorrow for the delivery trucks. Got a wet and reckless ticket in December last year. They haven't asked anything about my record first they wan to see if I can drive a manual transmission. Should I go through with it? I looked up the violation and it's 2 points on my license. Please help I have the test tomorrow and wondering if I should just forfeit :(

2. Ro510

Ro510 New Member

P.s I have heard of drivers getting one and still driving but that's after they've been in already.california by the way.

3. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I think its no moving violations in the past year, so that would automatically disqualify you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Take the road test let ups dqed you. Best said is left unsaid unless asked to speak on it. In other words give them no volunteer info

5. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

Go forward until they DQ you. They may be desperate.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Wet and reckless?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Ro510

Ro510 New Member

Thank you very much guys

8. Ro510

Ro510 New Member

Yes wet and reckless. Also if they disqualify me would I be able to try out again I'n the future?

9. UpstateNYUPSer

The "?" meant that I have no idea what a "wet and reckless" ticket is.

10. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

it's a sexual misdemeanor, I think

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Ro510

Ro510 New Member

Lol it's a step down from a DUI. In all essence it is but on paper it's not.

12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Driving too fast in the rain?

13. UpstateNYUPSer

We used to call those DWAI---Driving While Ability Impaired.

It was for BAC's between .04 and .08

14. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You had been drinking but weren't over the limit when stopped? Never heard of it.

15. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Wet and reckless means he was teasing her while she was driving.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

Wet Reckless California

• A Wet Reckless is the nickname for the California Vehicle Code (VC) Section 23103 per VC 23013.5 charge of reckless driving involving alcohol. If the prosecutor feels the DUI case against you has some weaknesses; for example when your breath test or blood test result is close to .08, and if your driving and Field Sobriety Tests are not bad, the prosecutor might offer a plea bargain that is called a Wet Reckless.

A Wet Reckless is really a kinder, gentler DUI, a watered down DUI if you will. It is a 'prior' on your record, which means if you get another DUI in the next 10 years it will be considered your second DUI because the Wet Reckless counts against you just like a first time DUI.

The similarities between a DUI and a Wet Reckless are they both involve probation, fines, an alcohol class, and 2 points on your license record. A Wet Reckless usually means a little less in fines, probation, alcohol program, and no court suspension on your license. It sounds and looks better on your record than a DUI.

The problems with a Wet Reckless are:
      • It is essentially a DUI on your record
      • Insurance companies usually treat it as a DUI (leading to much higher insurance rates).
      Number of points on your driver's license for a wet reckless, California
      Wet Reckless offenses put 2 points on your driver's license.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Ro510

Ro510 New Member

What I really want to find out is if I get disqualified would I possibly be fired? Or would I be able to reapply at a later time.

18. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I believe you have to be up front when filling out the paperwork to let them know if you have any moving violations.

19. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

You won't be fired, you'll just stay on in the building.

20. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

if you let them know , you're screwed

if you don't let them know and they find out, you're really screwed

which one do you like?