Please Help me guys!

JonFrum

Very true! Don't start the disability defense now because you'll be "that disabled driver", for life.
Better to be "that guy they fired back in 2009???"

And why are some assuming the dispatch/planned day is accurate to begin with?

Why assume the evaluating supervisor and manager are fairminded?

Why would anyone consider Dyslexia something to hold against a worker for life? It's not contagious ya know?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You cant unring a bell that has already been rung.

Dont open up a can of worms unless you intend to use them all.

They have to show that you failed to follow instructions, which I am assuming was the "did not know the next three stops, or where they are on the truck." Might be that you need to try and focus a bit more. Also, that was not a condition of your initial employment(to know the next three stops), as you did make it as a driver.

As for people that have this type of problem, when someone gets all over them, or they have the impression someone is watching them to judge performance, the performance generally degrades to become even worse. And the more attention that is placed on the issue, the worse it becomes.

I would be careful about the timing when you do decide to ring that bell. Because once rung, things will change, and maybe not in the way you want them to change. Example, you are now a driver. Ringing the bell most likely will cause you not to be a driver any longer, but move inside instead.

So think long term.

As for ADA issues, a lot of people are self proclaimed experts that think they know the answer. I would suggest spending 75-150 bucks to actually get a legal answer.

d

drewed

Shankman
But if youre going to claim it once, and treatment to have the ability to work through it isnt done....you sorta have to limit their capacity based on the disability for life ya know?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Fave

One thing about your post really bothers me.

I have had many foster kids that have had mental issues, including dyslexia.

One thing they all have in common. Once they do it over and over and over, they get good at what job you put them on. Does not matter the job, after they have done it many times, it is a breeze.

You have been doing the same job for the last 200 days. Yes, some of the addresses are different, but over all, the basic job is the same.

So with all the hands on experience, why are you still having problems.

Now, that being said, there is the issue of time management. And that is where you will have the problem staying a UPS driver. They will insist on moving you to a job where you will have more intense supervision at your new job. To keep you focused on your job.

And that is the reason I posted to use care when ringing the bell.

d

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
Ive been driving for 4 years now, they did a 3 day lock in with me this past week. They have not time studied these routes in years im normally 2 hours over everyday. So the first day they road with me i did methods all day yea i messed up on some, but for the most part did ok (still went over 2 1/2 hours). Next day im in the office with the road sup and center manager said i was overlooking packages in the truck to work slower threating my job and so forth. I have Dyslexia a learning disability do not comprehend as fast as others should i file on this as being picked on and humiliatied???? thank you

Since your over by 2 hours everyday. Get the on road sup to tell you if there is a better more efficent way to run it. Ask him to run the route for a day and see how much he is over or under. If he does run it make sure you get there early to see if he sets up the truck. If your doing it wrong they should show you how to do the job right. Not threaten to fire you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Better to be "that guy they fired back in 2009???"

And why are some assuming the dispatch/planned day is accurate to begin with?

Why assume the evaluating supervisor and manager are fairminded?

Why would anyone consider Dyslexia something to hold against a worker for life? It's not contagious ya know?

I, personally, don't care about the "planned" day. That same plan changes everytime the wind blows, even when you have the same amount of stops. I'm just saying that instead of leaning on a "handicap" defense, maybe Favre should just continue doing the job, the way he has always done it. You can only do what you can do, and if they were satified with it last year, they really have no choice this year.

Fave

One thing about your post really bothers me.

I have had many foster kids that have had mental issues, including dyslexia.

One thing they all have in common. Once they do it over and over and over, they get good at what job you put them on. Does not matter the job, after they have done it many times, it is a breeze.

You have been doing the same job for the last 200 days. Yes, some of the addresses are different, but over all, the basic job is the same.

So with all the hands on experience, why are you still having problems.

Now, that being said, there is the issue of time management. And that is where you will have the problem staying a UPS driver. They will insist on moving you to a job where you will have more intense supervision at your new job. To keep you focused on your job.

And that is the reason I posted to use care when ringing the bell.

d

This is now a mental issue? Our center wants us to know the next 5 stops in advance. Just thought you like to know this.

Since your over by 2 hours everyday. Get the on road sup to tell you if there is a better more efficent way to run it. Ask him to run the route for a day and see how much he is over or under. If he does run it make sure you get there early to see if he sets up the truck. If your doing it wrong they should show you how to do the job right. Not threaten to fire you.

He should ride along with this super supe that can do the job so quickly. Let's see if he does the methods.

drewed

Shankman
it is a mental issue, its not a physical issue or emmotional issue. Dannys not saying (i believe) hes in anyway less inteligent just he has something that makes it more difficult to learn, pick things up or comprhension, the same can be said for people that stutter, theyre no way less inteligent just have a harder time to communicate

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
it is a mental issue, its not a physical issue or emmotional issue. Dannys not saying (i believe) hes in anyway less inteligent just he has something that makes it more difficult to learn, pick things up or comprhension, the same can be said for people that stutter, theyre no way less inteligent just have a harder time to communicate

Sort of the way when a young man keeps asking to go out with another guys daughter. The other guy says NO, yet the younger man persists. Is that a mental issue?:wink2: jk But once the words "mental issue" come into play, watch out!

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
they issued me a warning letter for failure to instructions, road supervisor told the center manager i was not doing my job not knowing my next 3 stops and knowing where there at in my car. It does not really bother me i know im doing what im suppose to be doing, they have nothing on me so i guess they have to find something!

What exactly did the warning letter say? If it is vague and arbitrary get them to right down the exact instructions that were failed and when. It is important that you know what you are getting disciplined for, so you can corrected it. It should be very specific and get a copy in writing, so it can not be changed at a later date. If they won't do that for you, I can only assume there are harassing you because their number are less than what it takes for someone to do it. You will be targeted, so don't do any short cuts that could get you fired, because it will. People get fired for trying to make their numbers by any means necessary.

If you are doing something wrong don't get a big chip on your shoulder instead work on it. You will improve and the problem will go away, and they will have to find something else your doing wrong. Don't worry about the numbers, but work on the methods.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Steve

It is a mental issue. The brain and eyes, mouth. rest of the body is wired differently. Things that you would never take a second look at during the day could distract a dyslexic person from doing their job properly.

As for the kids we have fostered, almost all of them have had some sort of mental issue, from retardation to total lack of processing skills due to severe neglect and abuse. Some of it is permanent, some can get better with time, love, counseling, and in some cases medication.

But the problem is real.

But I am interested in his responses to my questions, which so far have not been answered. And without those answers, the help he asks for just cant come.

d

QKRSTKR

"It should be very specific and get a copy in writing, so it can not be changed at a later date. If they won't do that for you, I can only assume there are harassing you because their number are less than what it takes for someone to do it."

Doesn't a official warning letter have to be issued to the member, steward, and business agent. At least it does where I'm at. If they don't give you a official one, there blowing smoke and don't have anything on you.