PM Air Driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Cgs1226, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Cgs1226

Cgs1226 New Member

Recently put signed a bid sheet for part time air driver. What type of hours is that? Also heard that the pay is great after 2 years.
  2. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

anywhere from 430-10pm usually around 4 hours a day, top air driver rate in my area is 26.14 after 2 years. check your union handbook for more details.
  3. Cgs1226

Cgs1226 New Member

Ok thanks for the input. Just wanted to see if it will interfere with my second job. I think top rate in my hub is around there also but it will be worth it for practice because I essentially want to become Full Time Driver.
  4. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

imo it will be good experience and you will be better off than not having any experience at all but nothing could prepare you for the amount of work they will throw at you as a full time driver lol. sign up for Saturday air as well.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Cgs1226

Cgs1226 New Member

Ya Im a dog so Im ok will all of the work. And yes signing every single one that comes at me. Signed full time driver also but I just gained seniority so not getting my hopes up, all in good time.
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Part time air driver could also be a morning shift.
  7. Cgs1226

Cgs1226 New Member

It's for PM only. AM would be better but anything to get the practice in.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You will get a lot of practice closing out drop boxes.
  9. Cgs1226

Cgs1226 New Member

I don't care what I do.
  10. BurntSienna

BurntSienna Member

It is good practice. I'm a PT air driver. Also work preload and drive Saturdays. Still waiting for a shot to go full time. In the meantime, I'm gaining a lot of experience and area knowledge that will help me when I'm a cover driver
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

It's a 3-4 hour job where I am. But it's far better than an inside job. Especially at top rate.
  12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I have been covering for a vacationing PM Air driver the last 5 weeks. Really not looking forward to when he comes back. Hoping he will decide to retire so I can have it permanent.
  13. gbpackman29

gbpackman29 Member

If you're able to get classified as an air driver, when you go full time your pay rate will be your air driver rate. Big difference while in progression.
  14. Whats 9.5?

Whats 9.5? Active Member

I topped out at $24.22 doing PM air. It stays there too when you go full time, until you reach top scale
  15. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

Are you familiar with the DOT HOS regulations? (Department of Transportation Hours of Service)
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  16. Anthonysg0113

Anthonysg0113 Active Member

That is only in certain areas(supplements). I was a top rate air driver before going ft, but they didn't red circle us in my area.
  17. Cgs1226

Cgs1226 New Member

All good input from everyone. And no I don't know what DOT HOS is..whatever hours they give me I will not be turning down.
  18. No more than 60 hours a week,Including any other jobs you work. You must also have 10 hours off in-between shifts.

Their are more rules,suggest you learn them
  19. Cgs1226

Cgs1226 New Member

What do you mean?
  20. Cgs1226

Cgs1226 New Member

I meant with another job outside of they didn't stick to that during peaks which I'm perfectly ok with.