Politics or inclusion?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
"Once that was taken down, it made people feel unsafe and unwelcome," said another student.

Bunch of pusillanimous.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Once that was taken down, it made people feel unsafe and unwelcome," said another student.

Bunch of pusillanimous.
This is my nieces old school district. They’re blowing up their social media. One went to protest it.

“HUMAN RIGHTS ARE NOT POLITICAL”

Please tell me what human rights are being taken from you by you not having a flag that shows your sexuality in a classroom?

El Correcto

god is dead

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Where do you draw the line? I actually think the school made the right choice in taking it down.
It’s funny that these kids didn’t even know what marginalized meant til the last few years and they’re now all marginalized. Goes to show, if you say something enough people start believing it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It’s funny that these kids didn’t even know what marginalized meant til the last few years and they’re now all marginalized. Goes to show, if you say something enough people start believing it.
Shows how amazingly easy life is for the many of these kids now. These are the things they think are damaging to them

sailfish

When I was in school, people didn't try forcing their groups onto everyone. Subcultures developed and people did their own thing. Outsiders actually considered it cooler to not be accepted.

Box Ox

Bunch of pusillanimous.

I'm almost....envious of older folks who likely won't live enough to see these woke pusillanimous morons take control of everything in the coming decades.

Being both a perpetually offended victim and a member of the thought police must be a pretty joyless and exhausting way for people live. Especially for middle schoolers who already have enough to figure out socially and about themselves as they start the transition from childhood to adulthood. It's not surprising that the suicide rate for young people has greatly increased over the past decade.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm almost....envious of older folks who likely won't live enough to see these woke pusillanimous morons take control of everything in the coming decades.

Being both a perpetually offended victim and a member of the thought police must be a pretty joyless and exhausting way for people live. Especially for middle schoolers who already have enough to figure out socially and about themselves as they start the transition from childhood to adulthood. It's not surprising that the suicide rate for young people has greatly increased over the past decade.
This country is in trouble. No way kids who are middle schoolers now will one day be able to stand up to the likes of the leaders of countries such as Russia, China, North Korea or Iran.

vantexan

Once heard a history teacher point out that American history is full of the latest thing that grabs headlines and outrages people. And then they tire of it and move on to the next latest thing. He said this in 1983. Probably the big difference is we now have social media that splits us into tribes plus the 24 hr news cycle. My biggest concern is we have not only an electorate that is determined to silence all dissent but that a leader will arise that with their approval cracks down on any views but the accepted government view. We seem to be on our way there.

Box Ox

Once heard a history teacher point out that American history is full of the latest thing that grabs headlines and outrages people. And then they tire of it and move on to the next latest thing.
Yeah, but this hard left stuff has been seriously and deeply entrenching into the minds and culture of America's young people for probably the last decade. It's a late-stage sickness that I don't think is going anywhere anytime soon and I don't think there's going to be any kind of reconciliation with those who don't want to comply with the ideology going forward.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah, but this hard left stuff has been seriously and deeply entrenching into the minds and culture of America's young people for probably the last decade. It's a late-stage sickness that I don't think is going anywhere anytime soon and I don't think there's going to be any kind of reconciliation with those who don't want to comply with the ideology going forward.
Yeah but orange man bad so let’s keep voting for it.

vantexan

The Republicans are welcome to put forward a non-seditionist candidate for me to vote for in 2024.
You've never voted for a Republican before. And it's your party that is going further and further Left. At what point do you say what Reagan said: "I didn't leave the Democrat Party, the Democrat Party left me."

vantexan

Which is essentially what I said.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is my nieces old school district. They’re blowing up their social media. One went to protest it.

“HUMAN RIGHTS ARE NOT POLITICAL”

Please tell me what human rights are being taken from you by you not having a flag that shows your sexuality in a classroom?
Your human rights in the classroom is to do your studies.

Box Ox

You've never voted for a Republican before. And it's your party that is going further and further Left. At what point do you say what Reagan said: "I didn't leave the Democrat Party, the Democrat Party left me."
That point has probably just about arrived. The votes of moderate Democrats are no longer welcomed by the shrill hard lefties and @MAKAVELI thinks I’m a “:censored2:” because I don’t agree with the Democratic belief that black people are helpless and it’s my fault as a white oppressor that a lot of black people have adopted Fly Crippin as a glamorized lifestyle.

sailfish

Imagine a modern day Breakfast Club film where the kids were all like this. That would be so :censored2:ing lame.