Poor Safety Culture? How is it in your building?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's a joke to show you what a question-box you are......and you apparently have no sense of humor.

I'm not about to apologize for what I find funny.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Let's talk about integrity. No, not I but integrity. Let's talk about the scumbag, low down snake in the grass, sleazy friend'ing puke that thinks it's ok to use a piss bottle and then hide it behind my tote in my truck. Forgeting it is one thing (and that's unacceptable too) but hiding it? That's downright nasty. I can't even imagine what makes a grown man think that this is even tolerable. Where the hell were his parents when they handed out morals? Not to mentioned honor and decency. Come on men, really? Is it really necessary to be such friend'ing pigs? Just the fact that that bottle could have broke open and contaminated every single package in my truck. And it would be 'contamination'. I would shut that truck down faster than snot being blown out of a nose. Every square inch of that truck would have to be processed as hazmat.

When I found that bottle (4/4) the first thing I did was call my on road. I was HOT to say the least. He said he would take care of it. The 'taking care' of it consisted of a PCM. Don't leave piss bottles in the truck. Oooooooh ya, that's real incentive. friend him. I'm still pissed about it. I even sent a text to my DM the same night. To this day I have not heard one word from him over it. friend him too. So my solution to this is pretty simple. I have made it known to both my OR and my DM that if this ever happens again, I won't bother with either one of them. Their useless. Nope, what I'm gonna do is make the biggest friend'ing stink with OSHA I can. They won't hear the end of it.

I'm pretty sure I know who did it and he doesn't want to say anything, not one word to me. Ya know, the sad thing or maybe it's the disgusting thing about this whole situation, the guy that I think did it is head of our safety committee. How is that for a safety program.

Indecisi0n

2198904510_791e7919b9_z.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Let's talk about integrity. No, not I but integrity. Let's talk about the scumbag, low down snake in the grass, sleazy friend'ing puke that thinks it's ok to use a piss bottle and then hide it behind my tote in my truck. Forgeting it is one thing (and that's unacceptable too) but hiding it? That's downright nasty. I can't even imagine what makes a grown man think that this is even tolerable. Where the hell were his parents when they handed out morals? Not to mentioned honor and decency. Come on men, really? Is it really necessary to be such friend'ing pigs? Just the fact that that bottle could have broke open and contaminated every single package in my truck. And it would be 'contamination'. I would shut that truck down faster than snot being blown out of a nose. Every square inch of that truck would have to be processed as hazmat.

When I found that bottle (4/4) the first thing I did was call my on road. I was HOT to say the least. He said he would take care of it. The 'taking care' of it consisted of a PCM. Don't leave piss bottles in the truck. Oooooooh ya, that's real incentive. friend him. I'm still pissed about it. I even sent a text to my DM the same night. To this day I have not heard one word from him over it. friend him too. So my solution to this is pretty simple. I have made it known to both my OR and my DM that if this ever happens again, I won't bother with either one of them. Their useless. Nope, what I'm gonna do is make the biggest friend'ing stink with OSHA I can. They won't hear the end of it.

I'm pretty sure I know who did it and he doesn't want to say anything, not one word to me. Ya know, the sad thing or maybe it's the disgusting thing about this whole situation, the guy that I think did it is head of our safety committee. How is that for a safety program.

I find these on a nearly daily basis. Complaining to those in the center does no good. Noboby gives a rip there about automotive's concerns. You may be headed in the right direction. Post us if you get some results. ...."pissed" is an oddly appropriate term here.

Last edited:

Leftinbuilding

Integrity, may I please, reverently, and with all due respect, ask a question? Why is each sentence you write a separate paragraph? It comes across as if you consider all us children reading children's books. We are quite capable of reading entire paragraphs. Your style, not your thoughts, draw the heat.

Sincerly

L.I.B.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I find these on a nearly daily basis. Complaining to those in the center does no good. Noboby gives a rip there about automotive's concerns. You may be headed in the right direction. Post us if you get some results.

I doubt that I will see this happen anytime in the near future. I would suggest that you and everyone else that has this problem start spreading the word. This act is nothing short of exactly what OSHA is in place for. I know that the guy that I think did this is in tight with my DM but I am willing to bet that my DM will roll on him in a heartbeat to avoid an OSHA investigation and potential fines. OSHA doesn't give a rats ass about excuses.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Integrity, may I please, reverently, and with all due respect, ask a question? Why is each sentence you write a separate paragraph? It comes across as if you consider all us children reading children's books. We are quite capable of reading entire paragraphs. Your style, not your thoughts, draw the heat.

Sincerly

L.I.B.

L.I.B.

Exactly.

AJ

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The only reason they push safety is to blame you when you get hurt. Makes them look human and smart that they care so much about your personal health and well-being. The PR to the media about UPS safety policy is as real as the news you hear on T.V, made up. OSHA needs to be brought in more often, yet I still believe here will be little difference made towards safety and health regulations.

The only reason they push safety is to blame you when you get hurt. Makes them look human and smart that they care so much about your personal health and well-being. The PR to the media about UPS safety policy is as real as the news you hear on T.V, made up. OSHA needs to be brought in more often, yet I still believe here will be little difference made towards safety and health regulations.

I agree. I'd rather see OSHA than Keter.

balland chain

Yeah, they preach safety and wellness yet they continue to use harassment and intimation daily.. Have they ever thought about what that does to your body?? I guess not.... Yeah,,, Safety first.. The last thing I feel there is safe.....

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Beyond his style that agitates eveyone....he makes posts about this?

This is freakin' genius!! Why haven't we talked about this before?!?!? I didn't realize that Safety wasn't taken seriously until this post!!!!!! OMGERRRRD!!!! How has this been kept secret so long?!?!?

/sarcasm