Popped for DUI

TheDick

Agreed the widget you have to put in ur car is a beyotch. But in california if they smell alcohol on you that opens you up to mucho scrutiny. If you didnt get caught in sobreity checkpoint then an officer saw something in your driving, Maybe somebody called the cops? Maybe you were followed from the bar? SOP for police at barclose. I'm not calling you a drunk but 5 drinks in 4 hours is cuttin it close considering our 29$/hr job we have. My license is my job. I hope you get an understanding judge, another driver got work furlough because he was a UPS driver. But just to drive to from work, and todo the job.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
wow... I never said I was DRUNK... i had a few drinks (5) from 9pm to 1:45am.. went to a sub shop.. ate, had a coke and after an hour of sitting there... I left.. drove back home.. Did i make a bad mistake? guess so.. but in AZ, we have the toughest DUI laws in America.. doesnt matter if you are drunk.. if you have alcohol in their system... its a DUI
evans, does this job mean anything to you? If so, DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!! It doesn't matter that you weren't drunk. What matters is that you put YOURSELF in that position and are now pissed because you have to pay the consequences, not upset that you did what you did in the first place. This is the very reason I don't drink alcohol. I refuse to be in a position where I don't have full control of my faculties. Sorry for the slap, but I feel it's needed, and I hope you've learned your lesson.

We had a local college official arrested for two DUI's within 8 hours last night:

http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x1110254054/College-official-gets-two-DWIs-in-eight-hours
Figures.

rod

Retired 22 years
Agreed the widget you have to put in ur car is a beyotch. But in california if they smell alcohol on you that opens you up to mucho scrutiny. If you didnt get caught in sobreity checkpoint then an officer saw something in your driving, Maybe somebody called the cops? Maybe you were followed from the bar? SOP for police at barclose. I'm not calling you a drunk but 5 drinks in 4 hours is cuttin it close considering our 29$/hr job we have. My license is my job. I hope you get an understanding judge, another driver got work furlough because he was a UPS driver. But just to drive to from work, and todo the job.

Sounds like its better to stay with the "medical marijuana"?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There are people on cell phones, or eating that are more dangerous than a guy after a couple drinks in a four hour period. A drunk driver is one thing, someone with a tad of alcohol in their system is another. But recent laws have turned it all into the same. Someone out of their mind drunk, yes cuff them and throw them away. No one should die at the hands of a drunk.
But I learned a long time ago, to just not do it. Its not worth the hassle. You have now also learned that. Yes you will replace two and work a split shift, unless you can regain your license for work purposes. Then you can drive to and from and while at work. And will be randomly tested. It may not be right in some peoples eyes, but that is the way it is here, Dont know about AZ.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

evans, does this job mean anything to you? If so, DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!! It doesn't matter that you weren't drunk. What matters is that you put YOURSELF in that position and are now pissed because you have to pay the consequences, not upset that you did what you did in the first place. This is the very reason I don't drink alcohol. I refuse to be in a position where I don't have full control of my faculties. Sorry for the slap, but I feel it's needed, and I hope you've learned your lesson.

What are you, his father?

He came here asking for advice as to what he can expect to happen as far as his job is concerned. I am pretty sure he knows that he messed up and certainly doesn't need you to remind him of that.

Be careful when you climb off your pedestal.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What are you, his father?

He came here asking for advice as to what he can expect to happen as far as his job is concerned. I am pretty sure he knows that he messed up and certainly doesn't need you to remind him of that.

Be careful when you climb off your pedestal.

Repdeduction.jpg

"YAWN!"

AZbrownup

Figures.
I do love my job..Im more upset at myself for even putting myself in this position.. I feel I have let my family down, myself down and UPS down.. I cant sleep, I cant eat..

Leftinbuilding

Sorry Evens10 but I hope you do lose your job....any worthless ******* who drive drunk without thinking about the other innocent people on the road who you may have killed is not worthy of being a UPS driver.
Oh yea and by the way...someone I loved was killed by a DRUNK DRIVER.

Likewise. Zero sympathy for drunk drivers!! They display a wanton disregard for anyone but themselves. Grow up, man up and pay the piper. You did this to yourself.

tieguy

Banned
Steve is right but that is not what the OP was looking for. He wanted advice on what to do now rather than how to prevent it in the future.

that is the right answer for now and for the future.

He'll probably get some type of conviction out of this. possible loss of license or restrictions on driving. Once that happens he has to report the conviction to his boss within 24 hours. He's then looking at possible enrollment in a SAP program.
A long road with many hurdles.

This issue is too complicated to simply refer to the brown cafe guru's here. he needs to go see his business agent.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, deadline is defined as a date or time before which something must be done.
I love when you try to needle someone with information you think you have, but are quite errant about.

I do love my job..Im more upset at myself for even putting myself in this position.. I feel I have let my family down, myself down and UPS down.. I cant sleep, I cant eat..
But if you weren't facing the consequences of your actions, would you still feel this way, or is this just the first time you got caught? Whatever the case, I hope that you don't lose your job, and have learned a valuable lesson.

Nimnim

The Nim
I still would like to know:

Do two p/t people get displaced so that this guy can have an inside job?

I'd say it has more to do with staffing. In my sort currently if they had a driver go to the unload no one would probably get displaced, having trouble with people showing up daily atm.

AZbrownup

I love when you try to needle someone with information you think you have, but are quite errant about.

But if you weren't facing the consequences of your actions, would you still feel this way, or is this just the first time you got caught? Whatever the case, I hope that you don't lose your job, and have learned a valuable lesson.

just like that 80's hair band Cinderella sang..." Dont know what ya got till its gone"...... I rarely drink so I know this will never EVER happen again.. Lessoned learned.. In fact I feel like I should go around talking to others about this situation .. you are NOT invincible

DS

Fenderbender
just like that 80's hair band Cinderella sang..." Dont know what ya got till its gone"...... I rarely drink so I know this will never EVER happen again.. Lessoned learned.. In fact I feel like I should go around talking to others about this situation .. you are NOT invincible
The only way to learn is from mistakes.Even stug probobly regrets a few things he did.
Don't beat yourself up over it,it's unhealthy.Just move on a wiser man.