POTUS gives SOTU

Atleast she could have stuck with more truth factors.
Like saying the stimulus was over 1 Trillion, but in reality "only" 810 Billion.

But, guess it doesn't matter, it's rounded up, just like if someone earns $8.10 an hr, and says he makes over $10.

And, I'll learn from you Moreluck, I'll only comment on what the lady wears from now on.
Like you do, with the First Lady. :)
Is that a promise we can hold you to???? please???

tieguy

Banned
Atleast she could have stuck with more truth factors.

How does one stick to "more truth factors"? was this comment a tribute to morelucks truth factors?

Perhaps a mathematical reference to the factor of truth? friend= >[truth] ?

what then is Kleins truth factor ? friend = > [truth/liquor] ?

we are mere mortals unable to understand these parables from the north....:)

tieguy

Banned
most sotu speechs are at best an effort to glorify accomplishments and share a vision. the good ones are uniters. this one really seemed to lack purpose and direction. A quilt of rhetoric at best.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, what really caught my attention is when he annouced how he'll get highspeed trains, infrastructure, more money for education,highspeed internet everywhere, and for green solutions.

I don't know, where is he going to get all that money from !
Cities are broke, States are broke, and the government is broke.
I think those were empty promises, like many other presidents have done in the past (see wkmacs video, about ex presidents demanding less oil imports).

Same like he said, America will be the first country in the world to have 1 Million electricity powered vehicles on the road.
What makes him think that China might not be the first to reach that number.
By all means they have the population to do so !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I loved it when the news took an assortment of SOTU speeches all the way back to Nixon and each one mentioned "a future with green energy". I guess they are still workin' on it.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Well, what really caught my attention is when he annouced how he'll get highspeed trains, infrastructure, more money for education,highspeed internet everywhere, and for green solutions.

I think those were empty promises, like many other presidents have done in the past (see wkmacs video, about ex presidents demanding less oil imports).

Same like he said, America will be the first country in the world to have 1 Million electricity powered vehicles on the road.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! DID KLEIN JUST SAY THAT ABOUT THE MESSIAH???? DID HE QUIT DRINKING??? HAVE WE ENTERED THE TWILIGHT ZONE???:surprise:

moreluck

golden ticket member

We have trains now that nobody rides and they lose mega bucks.....much like the post office does. OK, Joe Biden rides the train. I have no use for elec. cars !!!

tieguy

Banned
We have trains now that nobody rides and they lose mega bucks.....much like the post office does. OK, Joe Biden rides the train. I have no use for elec. cars !!!

the problem with trains is you need a car to get to and from the train station.

I'm intrigued by the electric car concept. get some solar panels to generate the electicity and you're well on your way to being fossil fuel free.

Is there a buzz word yet for being fossil fuel free, or free of publicly supplied power?

moreluck

golden ticket member

I'm intrigued by the electric car concept. get some solar panels to generate the electicity and you're well on your way to being fossil fuel free.

Is there a buzz word yet for being fossil fuel free, or free of publicly supplied power?
If you are fossil fuel free, couldn't you just say "I'm, all friend'ed up ?"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's called "living off the grid" and there are more that do it that you may think.

bbsam

Staff member
The new and former governor of Iowa, Terry Branstad doesn't want the money for highspeed rail. Nor do they want it in Wisconsin. Winner? Illinois gets that money. Absolutely awesome. Quad Cities becomes a "far west suburb" of Chicago. Rock Island to downtown Chi in an hour? Oh, hell yeah! By the way, buisness leaders in Iowa telling Branstad, "Uh, hold on a minute. Might just want that kind of infrastructure." Doofus.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Univ. of Minnesota Study: Obama’s SOTU Address Least Intelligent Since FDR…

As it turns out, Obama’s speech was historically short — both in sentence structure and the words he used.
Last year, Smart Politics calculated that Obama’s debut State of the Union Address tallied one of the lowest Flesch-Kincaid scores in modern political history, by constructing his speech with sentences that were approximately 20 percent shorter in length than the nearly 70 oral addresses given since Franklin Roosevelt.
The Flesch-Kincaid test is designed to assess the readability level of written text, with a formula that translates the score to a U.S. grade level. Longer sentences and sentences utilizing words with more syllables produce higher scores. Shorter sentences and sentences incorporating more monosyllabic words yield lower scores.
President Obama now has the lowest average Flesch-Kincaid score for State of the Union addresses of any modern president — with his 8.5 grade level falling just below the 8.6 score recorded by George H.W. Bush during his presidency.

bbsam

Staff member
Wow. That's just dumb. Length of sentences denotes intelligence? That's college sophmore term paper logic. "Doesn't matter what is said as long as it fills eight pages."