Power Stations Attacked

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What I find disturbing is that no one or no group has released any info on these incidents but the FBI has all the answers.

• Two Portland electrical substations were deliberately targeted last month, officials reveal amid several other states reporting attacks
  • Power at the substations left residents briefly without power on Thanksgiving
  • The attack comes as North Carolina and Washington were also targeted
  • Electricity in North Carolina was restored on Thursday after the attack
  • FBI are probing if the grid attacks were triggered by opponents of a drag show

oldngray

nowhere special
What I find disturbing is that no one or no group has released any info on these incidents but the FBI has all the answers.

• Two Portland electrical substations were deliberately targeted last month, officials reveal amid several other states reporting attacks
  • Power at the substations left residents briefly without power on Thanksgiving
  • The attack comes as North Carolina and Washington were also targeted
  • Electricity in North Carolina was restored on Thursday after the attack
  • FBI are probing if the grid attacks were triggered by opponents of a drag show
Hinting it might be because of a drag show without any evidence. More likely left wing ecoterrorists.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Hinting it might be because of a drag show without any evidence. More likely left wing ecoterrorists.
Not so fast. Something eerily similar happened in California in 2013 and another incident earlier this year in Ohio was thwarted by authorities. The incident in Ohio was planned by right-wing extremists who wanted to create chaos in hopes that they'd kick off a race war.

But the bottom line is that we just don't know what happened.

Last edited:

vantexan

Not so fast. Something eerily similar happened in California in 2013 and another incident earlier this year in Ohio was thwarted by authorities. The incident in Ohio was planned by right-wing extremists who wanted to create chaos in hopes that they'd kick off a race war.

But the bottom line is that we just don't know what happened.
Did the right-wing group have a bunch of FBI agents infiltrating it?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
More likely left wing ecoterrorists.
No no no only right wing extremists do this stuff...

McRae told the informant he was trying “to help save the earth from humans who are hyper exploiting” its resources and causing "abrupt climate change," according to court documents. He allegedly said he was committing the crimes to "destroy industrial capitalism" and to "do millions of dollars of damage to the fossil fuel industry."

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
without pointing fingers, i can't tell you how many discussions i've seen online about how easy it would be to knock out the US electrical grid with a few dozen strikes in the right places with battle rifle+ calibers

trickpony1

Has anyone considered it might be a "test" by some of our foreign friends to see how we react, how quickly and subsequent guards put in place to prevent future related events?

Proactively helping.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Has anyone considered it might be a "test" by some of our foreign friends to see how we react, how quickly and subsequent guards put in place to prevent future related events?

Proactively helping.
Nah, it's right wing dudes who don't know how to be patient for when it might actually be necessary and instead blow their wads on stopping some tranny show

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It also might be a ploy by the electric companies for more gov't funds.
If it was determined to be a National Crisis, old joe would earmark Billions to them.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It also might be a ploy by the electric companies for more gov't funds.
If it was determined to be a National Crisis, old joe would earmark Billions to them.

Damage to our power grid only raises the cost of energy by forcing companies to repair and protect their assets. Green companies benefit on cost basis

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Damage to our power grid only raises the cost of energy by forcing companies to repair and protect their assets. Green companies benefit on cost basis
I know every rate hikes in my state has to go before a state regulatory board, who always questions everything.
Most times the increases are lower that requested.
So getting a huge windfall from Uncle Sam could really help their bottom lines.