Power Stations Attacked

Box Ox

without pointing fingers, i can't tell you how many discussions i've seen online about how easy it would be to knock out the US electrical grid with a few dozen strikes in the right places with battle rifle+ calibers

I wonder if "We can't sufficiently protect our power substations without greatly increasing energy costs" might become part of a Democratic argument for more off the grid-style solar installations.

Nah
Let’s ask the jurors and judges who have so far convicted hundreds of defendants. Or do you not believe in law and order?
I think what happened on January 6th was at worst a riot, and probably less severe than that--just a group of disgruntled protestors who got a little out of hand. The trials are an obvious sham.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It’s being built. The first turbine was just delivered this last week and will soon be installed.
So they get cheap government subsidized energy from an out of sight turbine 15 miles off coast, and the disgusting poors get huge ugly windmills all over the place.

Why am I not surprised.

newolddude

That's interesting. They sure were fighting it years ago.

That was the blob Teddy Kennedy who didn’t want to see windmills while sailing.

I think the rich libs are still fighting it but it sounds like they’re out of options and it’s going ahead as the first big pieces arrived this week.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
Good thing the sun was shining and it was windy. Not a dependable or more importantly, storable form of energy. The guy cherry picks one day in a year. Propaganda.
It must be really windy and sunny today!

1675719135550.png