Preload and helper hours

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i worked from 4 pm to 8-9 am when I first started preload with 30 minutes to an hour break between jobs. Do the math.

In the hubs where it's essentially a 24/7 operation this time of year I don't see how hard it is to fathom.

103 hours? Where are my hip waders-----the :censored2: is getting deep in here.

Our previous center manager was adamant that no PTer work more than 12 hours per day, especially the ones who doubled as helpers.

Our new one is rarely there so our PDS, who is basically running the show, dictates hours worked and basically follows the same rule.

103 hours would NEVER, EVER fly in my center.
Sometimes you have to use the 12 hour rule to your advantage. Otherwise UPS would work you until you drop. Begging PTers to double and triple shift right now.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Sometimes you have to use the 12 hour rule to your advantage. Otherwise UPS would work you until you drop. Begging PTers to double and triple shift right now.

At least in the central region, the "12 hour rule" was a UPS rule. When it comes to extra work & helping, the language in the contract is pretty ambiguous to the effect of 'no PTer should be scheduled to work more than 8 hours in a day.' When labor was abundant (2007-2010 at my facility), UPS used this language to their advantage. In 2007 and 2008, I did not work a single minute of OT and was able to driver help only on those 1-3 hour runs offered in November and January. Those were really, really rough years for me financially.

While I was only 17 when I hired in, I wouldn't have lasted as long as I did if it weren't for the peak payday prospects. Of course, that may have been a good thing ;).