Preload and helper hours

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
There is not a newbie on the payroll that could keep up with me.

Care to come up to the BOG and show me how it's done?

You could replace my chain smoking, "out of breath after 5 steps", can't lift anything over 30 lbs, facebook stalking "helper"?

There are a lot of other newbies out there than your "out of breath after 5 steps" helper.

And, I'm sure some of them could run circles around your sorry old but (and mine, too).

And, no. If I showed you how it's done, your entire "career" would be proven invalid.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Preloader/Helper worked 76 hours last week and is trying to do more this week. He can work Super Sorts on Saturday and Sunday in addition.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

It's not BS. Throughout my career I worked in excess of 80 hours M-friend and would pick up 4-6 more when Saturday work was offered. The sole exception to this was during the recessionary years when labor was abundant and therefore they limited our hours. It didn't last and a few years ago I dialed it up to 103 hours.

You'd be surprised at what you're capable of when you're young and there's an incentive. Given the 17.5 hour/week diet I was on 48 weeks during the year, I would gladly push myself for four. Even if it meant taking showers at the gym (forgoing the work out!) and napping in my car at night (no sense in wasting time going home).

In my final years with UPS, I earned 20-25% of my annual income in December. Pretty remarkable!

PACNW

We have Preloaders doing 8 hours in the AM and 8 hours on car everyday. They are on OT after 5 inside, of course, and they tell me they reset on road and get OT after 5 out there. They are young and don't make jack during the year, so they load up on $$$ while they can. If they get burned out, they turn down the helper gig for a day, rest up, and get back after it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not BS. Throughout my career I worked in excess of 80 hours M-friend and would pick up 4-6 more when Saturday work was offered. The sole exception to this was during the recessionary years when labor was abundant and therefore they limited our hours. It didn't last and a few years ago I dialed it up to 103 hours.

You'd be surprised at what you're capable of when you're young and there's an incentive. Given the 17.5 hour/week diet I was on 48 weeks during the year, I would gladly push myself for four. Even if it meant taking showers at the gym (forgoing the work out!) and napping in my car at night (no sense in wasting time going home).

In my final years with UPS, I earned 20-25% of my annual income in December. Pretty remarkable!

103 hours? Where are my hip waders-----the :censored2: is getting deep in here.

Our previous center manager was adamant that no PTer work more than 12 hours per day, especially the ones who doubled as helpers.

Our new one is rarely there so our PDS, who is basically running the show, dictates hours worked and basically follows the same rule.

103 hours would NEVER, EVER fly in my center.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
103 hours? Where are my hip waders-----the :censored2: is getting deep in here.

Our previous center manager was adamant that no PTer work more than 12 hours per day, especially the ones who doubled as helpers.

Our new one is rarely there so our PDS, who is basically running the show, dictates hours worked and basically follows the same rule.

103 hours would NEVER, EVER fly in my center.

12 hours was the company policy several years ago; it was alleviated when the :censored2: hit the fan a few years ago. Generally, as long as you're productive and show up on time, UPS would look the other way. We had several guys who were blocked because they would show up to their regular shift late or deemed unproductive.

And yes, 103 hours. I didn't mind making myself miserable for a few weeks - I viewed it as s better option than taking on a second job for 52 weeks.