Prerecord

ArcherUTR

Runners will do this on a regular basis...I hate it when they actually go to the apt but don't take them to the mgr....nothing like having an extra 10 send agains

Yeah, but way back when it would really suck when you would tag ten doors in 3-4 floor high apartments only to find out the office does not sign for packages. I quickly learned to always swing by the office first on my first visit to an unfamiliar apartment complex.

Bottom rung

Why do you other guys NI1 the packages first, and then rescan dup later? What do you put on the info notices, NI1 and that you will be back tomorrow?
Just working as directed. La/res or dup/res. left at office. Different routes, different allowances. Or so I'm told.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It's not "cheating" because of a flaw, with the diad 5 software.

Right ?

When management, shows you how to do it.... What's that called ?

Is it an integrity issue with management ?

Or.... Are management people, just so gutless.... they can't say it's wrong ?

-Bug-
OK, I will bite, whats the trick.?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If my wheels turned and I am returning later, even minutes later, I am not 'dupping' :censored2:. It is a separate stop. Even if it was an honest mistake on my part.

If you reattempt within a half hour and do not sheet as dup stop it will appear that you are padding stops and will show up on a report.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I use prerecord for multiple businesses under the same address to make sure all packages are accounted for before I leave the truck so I do not have to go back a second time. I prerecord apartments with apartment numbers because the board sometimes does not show the apartment number so I am not wasting time running in circles

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I use prerecord for multiple businesses under the same address to make sure all packages are accounted for before I leave the truck so I do not have to go back a second time. I prerecord apartments with apartment numbers because the board sometimes does not show the apartment number so I am not wasting time running in circles

Both of these are a waste of time.

The DIAD will show the number of packages for addresses with mulitple suite numbers----simple math will give you the total needed for that stop.

Prerecordng apartments before attempting the first delivery is a complete waste of time.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I am glad you asked. :biggrin:

After one of the diad 5 software updates, the "soft keys" became more sensitive.

There were numerous issues.... with NDA's in prerecord.

No fault of the driver.

The "way" to get around this;

While the stop is still in prerecord, you tag it as "Left at" commercial.

Then, hit signature. And (with the stylus) Print receiver.

Clarify the signature, by typing receiver.

Enter.... stop complete.... and location.

No late air.

While the stop is still in prerecord, it holds the time.

If you open the stop, it changes the time.

Imagine.... all the other things.... management doesn't tell you.

-Bug-
How long before someone gets fired over this? I run my air on time and sleep just fine at night. Just because mgmt showed you how to do it doesnt mean it's right to cheat customers .

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Both of these are a waste of time.

The DIAD will show the number of packages for addresses with mulitple suite numbers----simple math will give you the total needed for that stop.

Prerecordng apartments before attempting the first delivery is a complete waste of time.
Yea well you probably have a better dispatcher, because my board shows me one address with total number of pieces and I have to go into the details in order to see which suite to deliver to and some of the time will not even show me that, which is a waste of time.

As stated in the above post, not all apartment numbers are on the board and to stop and look at a cart full of packages instead of a quick look on what I prerecorded is a waste of time

ArcherUTR

If you reattempt within a half hour and do not sheet as dup stop it will appear that you are padding stops and will show up on a report.
Do you realize how many report that we show up on and how many trees have to die because of it? It's so many reports that they don't even know how to filter them all.

Just don't lie, cheat, steal, or have an accident.

ArcherUTR

So you are saying that when I deliver to my one address Walmart to six different locations without suites - that when I have a multi-floor building address where I have to deliver to four different suites - that when I deliver to a business but it has two separate companies with different entrances and I deliver the two different stops...

That I end up on a stealing time report? This happens every single day.

Overpaid Union Thug

I do it slightly differently. If they are not home and I know that the office will sign, I will fill out and scan an info notice stating that the package (a) needed to be signed for and will be indirected to the office. That way the customer knows to look for their package in the office during open hours. I do not N1 the package, I just put it in prerecord and continue on with the rest of my stops in the same complex.

Once finished with the apartment complex, I take all of the unsigned packages to the office. I go back into the prerecord function and tag all of the stops as LA RES. If there was one for the office I put it in prerecord as well but tag it LA COM. I then get one signature and press (7) for Office delivery location. Then I retype the word 'office' when the board asks where I indirected the packages.

If the office happens to be closed, then I will Not In the packages. I do not go back and change the information on the info notices that I previously left behind. If possible, I will swing by the office again later if it does not cost me miles.

I guess it's pretty much the same thing, but you all's way involves more steps and I guess I don't really understand the point.
My method as well only I fill out the info notice for a NI but at the bottom state that will be left at "Apt Office If Open" and circle it. That way I'm covered either way. I know that technically we are supposed to go back and change the info notice but this is one of the rare instances where I will bend the rules.

Last edited:

ArcherUTR

That's a smart idea, because I would never go back and change all of the info notices. I would just take them straight to the apartment office the next business day.

Dr.Brownz

That is what determines the allowance for that delivery area.

Wow that must be why our dispatches are so friend ed ; no time studies in 7 years and half the areas use the same unit code, many of these areas werent even built 2 years ago; had 195 stops yesterday and they told me that was a 8 and a half dispatch and I was 3 hours over lol