President Obama!

island1fox

Re: Obamanomics

ups,

I do not believe any business sucks --not even fedx.

After thinking about the payroll tax --not having any effect--maybe you are right ---The politicians thought it was a big deal when they suspended it --they rarely or never get anything right. If it was not going to help the economy --the 20 bucks means nothing --why did they do it ??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

According to the Congressional Research Service, President Ronald Reagan made 240 recess appointments, President George H. W. Bush made 77 recess appointments, President Bill Clinton made 139 recess appointments. President George W. Bush made 171 recess appointments, and as of January 5, 2012, President Barack Obama had made only 32 recess appointments.[SUP][8][/SUP]

moreluck

golden ticket member
According to the Congressional Research Service, President Ronald Reagan made 240 recess appointments, President George H. W. Bush made 77 recess appointments, President Bill Clinton made 139 recess appointments. President George W. Bush made 171 recess appointments, and as of January 5, 2012, President Barack Obama had made only 32 recess appointments.[SUP][8][/SUP]
Recess appointments are made during recesses. Obama made his NLRB recess appointments during pro forma, not recess which is why it's was wrong!!!!! which Bush did not do, Bush honored the pro forma.
Get your facts straight!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member

I never said that, although I do believe we are in recovery mode.

Jones said it best---the businesses on your list are getting killed by the Internet and until the playing is leveled with the extension of the sales tax to Internet purchases your list will continue to grow.

At least 1/3 of my residentials are Amazon.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that KMart sucks.

The economy SHRANK !!!! Backward recovery?????

bbsam

Staff member
In that case, congress effectively eliminates the presidents ability to make any appointments whatsoever if they will not allow a vote and never recess. Hardly a power aafforded by the Constitution.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In that case, congress effectively eliminates the presidents ability to make any appointments whatsoever if they will not allow a vote and never recess. Hardly a power aafforded by the Constitution.

There are times of recess and there are times of pro forma........too bad the present resident of the white house doesn't know the difference. He's an idiot and just does whatever he wants......well, he blew it that time.
The pres.made his NLRB appointments during pro forma, ....the congress was not in recess at the time, so he went against the constituton that he swore he would protect & defend. Reneger!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
186864.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Obamabastic !!

He never seems to go there, so no opportunity to shoot skeet many times.....Michelle prefers luxurious vacations......

Obama lied? — I’ve lost all faith in humanity.
Via Fox News:
News of President Obama’s apparently long-secret fondness for skeet shooting came as a surprise to those who say they have witnessed the president’s “awkward” attempts at pinging the (clay) pigeons.

This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama.

“The only time he shot skeet was for President’s Cup,” said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. “I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn’t leave fast enough.”
Skeet shooting “is very hard,” said the source. “Especially for someone not used to guns … He couldn’t have been more uncomfortable.”
The source said a friend of his recalled Obama skeet shooting one other time at Camp David — very early on in his first term.
The White House did not immediately respond to FoxNews.com’s request for comment.
Obama professed his sweetness for skeet shooting during an interview posted online Sunday with The New Republic, when asked if he had ever fired a gun.

“Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time,” Obama said. “Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there. And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think

moreluck

golden ticket member
So much for Obama’s “laser focus” on jobs.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will let his jobs council expire this week without renewing its charter, winding down one source of input from the business community even as unemployment remains stubbornly high.

When Obama in January 2011 formed his Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, unemployment was hovering above 9 percent. Two years president later, more than 12 million people in the U.S. are out of work. The unemployment rate has improved to 7.8 percent, but both parties agree that’s still too high.

A provision in Obama’s executive order establishing the council says it sunsets on Thursday. A White House official said the president does not plan to extend it.

Officials said the president always intended for the council to fulfill its mission and then wind down, and said that Obama would continue to actively engage and seek input from business leaders about ways to accelerate job-creation and economic growth. Among the steps Obama plans to pursue are expedited permits for infrastructure projects, the White House said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Unions Grow Wary Of Obamacare After Fighting Tooth And Nail To Help Pass It, Complain It Is Driving Up Costs, Making Unionized Workers Less Competitive…

Unsurprisingly, they are asking the Obama administration for subsidies to help pay for the rising costs.
Via WSJ:
Labor unions enthusiastically backed the Obama administration’s health-care overhaul when it was up for debate. Now that the law is rolling out, some are turning sour.

Union leaders say many of the law’s requirements will drive up the costs for their health-care plans and make unionized workers less competitive. Among other things, the law eliminates the caps on medical benefits and prescription drugs used as cost-containment measures in many health-care plans. It also allows children to stay on their parents’ plans until they turn 26.

To offset that, the nation’s largest labor groups want their lower-paid members to be able to get federal insurance subsidies while remaining on their plans. In the law, these subsidies were designed only for low-income workers without employer coverage as a way to help them buy private insurance.

In early talks, the Obama administration dismissed the idea of applying the subsidies to people in union-sponsored plans, according to officials from the trade group, the National Coordinating Committee for Multiemployer Plans, that represents these insurance plans. Contacted for this article, Obama administration officials said the issue is subject to regulations still being written.

island1fox

More people out of work --Jobs committee disbanded --guess we have no more problem with creating jobs.

How many times did Obama meet with them ?--never mind -I already know.

moreluck

golden ticket member

7.9% Unemplyment rate.

Another element of the "backward recovery".

Maybe he can blame it on the newly disbanded Job's Council !!

wkmac

Is Obama on the verge of causing a rethink of history in which the KKK will be replaced by Obama himself as having murdered more people of African linage? I hope those who voted for Obama are prepared for ending the false claims of racism against others as they will now be the true racists.

The Real Invasion of Africa

Regardless who gets elected, nothing really changes.

We sure didn't get anything good for an extra 6 trillion of debt. I heard last night that we've gained 6 mil jobs so far. The average is 10 mil. Reagan 13 mil....without bernake distroying our currency, would we have gotten any growth?