President Trump

newfie

Assumptions once again. !

I suppose you could answer a question directly and eliminate some assumptions. Its something you do not know how to do because your whole life has been based on being against anything and everything and not for anything.

wkmac

I suppose you could answer a question directly and eliminate some assumptions. Its something you do not know how to do because your whole life has been based on being against anything and everything and not for anything.

No Newfie, regardless how or how many times I answer a question, you will meet it with one more absurdity and continue to do so into infinity or until you get the answer you want. You can't accept that the world is a vast and diverse space with an almost infinite number of choices too live in it. For some reason your little mind isn't comfortable in your own space while someone else thinks or does different.

You've always been this way from day one.

P

pickup

No Newfie, regardless how or how many times I answer a question, you will meet it with one more absurdity and continue to do so into infinity or until you get the answer you want. You can't accept that the world is a vast and diverse space with an almost infinite number of choices too live in it. For some reason your little mind isn't comfortable in your own space while someone else thinks or does different.

And you're like a subatomic particle when we try to get the measure of you. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle should also be known as Wkmac's tough to pin down the clown concept.

wkmac

And you're like a subatomic particle when we try to get the measure of you. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle should also be known as Wkmac's tough to pin down the clown concept.

It's all nothing but fluffer satire now so I gave up a while back and just surrendered. There are tiny moments but the real value is among a few in the PM's.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
On cloudy days when it is harder to think , I generally shout out "3 , 4, 5".
I shout out, "Use the 'Sunny 16 Rule' and shoot at friend-8 if cloudy or f5.6 if it is heavily overcast."
Of course, this was in the daze before self-metering cameras.

Sunny-16-sticker1.jpg

wkmac

I shout out, "Use the 'Sunny 16 Rule' and shoot at friend-8 if cloudy or f5.6 if it is heavily overcast."

Sunny-16-sticker1.jpg

Sorry to go OT (not that any of that other stuff was really important) but what kind of lens are you going to use for the eclipse? I don't have any kind of camera myself although that is on our purchase list as where we are going in the future we'll want one but just curious.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special

Sunny-16-sticker1.jpg

You need really bright sunshine for friend/16. I probably used 5.6 more than anything else but I was also mostly in forest areas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sorry to go OT (not that any of that other stuff was really important) but what kind of lens are you going to use for the eclipse? I don't have any kind of camera myself although that is on our purchase list as where we are going in the future we'll want one but just curious.
I'll be shooting with 2 cameras
Nikon D800 with a 70-200 and
Olympus em1 Mark 2 with an 80 - 200 which equates to 160 - 400 mm
Bought an 8x10 film so I can make some filters for my cameras.
I'm inviting friends up to my cabin in NC that is 4 miles from dead center.

Last edited:

wkmac

I'll be shooting with 2 cameras
Nikon D800 with a 70-200 and
Olympus em1 Mark 2 with an 80 - 200 which equates to 160 - 400 mm
Bought an 8x10 film so I can make some filters for my cameras.
I'm inviting friends up to my cabin in NC THat is 4 miles from dead center.

There is one effect called "snakes on the ground" and it occurs just before totality but hard to capture. If you have a video camera, place a sheet on the ground and fire up the camera and let it roll. The effect only lasts about 20 seconds at the center of the totality zone so most miss it but the camera captures the effect.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You need really bright sunshine for friend/16. I probably used 5.6 more than anything else but I was also mostly in forest areas.
I use friend-5.6 for most shooting.
Decent DOF and friend-5.6 is in almost every len's sweet spot.
I have Pro lens mostly so 2.8 is the min and 5.6 is 2 stops up.
My main cameras have good results up to 12,600 ISO so I can usually get a decent image.

Last edited:

newfie

the number of times you answered the question is zero. the number of times you danced around the question is in the thousands.