"Programs,Policies,and Practices"

RolloTony Brown Town

Not that it was much, but I miss the old employee of the month. At break they'd have a snack and drink for everyone and announce employee of the month for each coordinated area. Really helped morale. Now its all hurry up, shut up, do it safe, hurry up again, write this kid up for being 2 minutes late but he's my best employee. Too concerned with production and not enough concern about people.

HBGPreloader

Although I've been here for several years, I remember the turkeys around the holidays, the TLAs and even PCMs. Safety meetings had a halfway decent spread and, on occasion, beverages and snacks were given out as part of a job well done.
I also remember training the new hires that there actually were two customers we serviced. Care to take a guess who they were?
But, those were the days when management transfers and turnover were far less frequent. Now, it seems like there are new managers every 6 months, max.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I remember when we used to provide good service to our business customers, and they could basically set their clock by when we arrived daily.

Now with add cuts and different splits, they never know when the hell they'll see their delivery

Packmule

Deferring on rural routes. Never worked because any package coming in air had to be delivered irregardless of whether those miles were supposed to be deferred. Stil seems like it would be nice some times when you are 15 miles out to the same address three days in a row.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Deferring on rural routes. Never worked because any package coming in air had to be delivered irregardless of whether those miles were supposed to be deferred. Stil seems like it would be nice some times when you are 15 miles out to the same address three days in a row.

Rural remote worked until management turned it in to a dispatch tool.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

The route I had at that time had lots of those "15 mile out" stops. I absolutely love skipping a Penney's bag or a couple QVC boxes on one side to get done earlier.

Rural remote worked until management turned it in to a dispatch tool.

Changed after the strike in retribution. I fought tooth and nails with management over the change.

T

TheBrownGuy

For the old-timers like me...

"Methods" rides with 2 managers in the cab with you, neither in a seat. Perhaps that is why they didn't want us to take left turns. Or maybe just fast left turns and sudden stops!:chaseups: