Progression Pay ?

cdm624

So do I get my raises on my hire date or seniority date?

The contract book says:
Starting wage: xx.xx
Seniority: xx.xx
1 year: xx.xx
2 year: xx.xx
3 year: xx.xx
4 year: Top Rate

I'm wondering does that 1 year, etc., come on my hire date or seniority date. Thanks in advance for the help.

browner89

Your seniority date is your hire date once you make book, at least in my local, not sure if that's something that changes country wide.

cdm624

I was thinking it was my hire date, but I didn't get them last week's check (hire date is 7/21). Wonder if they don't start mid check and will start this next check.

I did get my 1 year safe driving pin, which said date achieved was 7/21 on the box. So I'm hoping the raise works the same.

I was thinking it was my hire date, but I didn't get them last week's check (hire date is 7/21). Wonder if they don't start mid check and will start this next check.

I did get my 1 year safe driving pin, which said date achieved was 7/21 on the box. So I'm hoping the raise works the same.
Did you work everyday?

JL 0513

Should be your hire date if you're in the Central. Either way, the progression raises up until Top Rate are insulting. Is what it is though...

The rates are wacky, especially the last contract which I'm in progression on. I'm at almost 2.5 years into progression and only make $20.75 (+.70 come Monday ). There's no even progression. I go from being broke one day, to being well off the next on the day of my 3 year raise. It will go from $21.45/hr - $34.36/hr in one day. Something like a 65% raise overnight. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The main advantage to this is that it feels that much better when you do reach top rate. It becomes a life changer, not just a raise.

An evenly spread progression would seem to make more sense. Last contract should have been something like:

Seniority: $17.25
1 year $21.00
2 years $25.00
3 years top rate

ManInBrown

They do start mid-check. For example 7-21 was a Tuesday, so Monday you would have received your old rate, and the rest of the week would have been your new rate

8.00-old rate
32.00-new rate