PSH!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That would be a service failure on your part.
The service failure is when management doesn't print the labels off and place them in your buildings "call tag folder" for the correct routes, at times not at all.

Call tags are like packages, if it isn't on the truck, it's not found, regardless if it's managements fault or yours.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The one thing I don't get about today's UPS

They have a report for every conceivable outcome, sensor, delivery, GPS location, trace %, ETC......

When I can't find a package and spent time looking for it, I go to the stop and click the NOT FOUND button so It will come off my EDD trace. Out of all the paper this company wastes, they can't have a real-time report on all the NOT FOUNDS that were submitted ?

I'm not going to waste my time sending a message. Probably 75% chance, I'll find my preloader Helen Keller put it on the wrong shelf. But that real-time report should clear off once the package is delivered.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You don't need the call to record. The 1Z info is in the diad. Scan, then enter the last 4 under the "find" screen. If the call is in your EDD, and you don't scan, it's a missed.

Were required to send a message when something is missing. CYA I say!

In my center, I think a lot of missorts are going unscanned because drivers don't want to deliver the package or break off to meet someone. Or, they wait until the end of the day to report it. Management in their quest to avoid missed, are in effect, causing the problem.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
You don't need the call to record. The 1Z info is in the diad. Scan, then enter the last 4 under the "find" screen. If the call is in your EDD, and you don't scan, it's a missed.

In my center, I think a lot of missorts are going unscanned because drivers don't want to deliver the package or break off to meet someone. Or, they wait until the end of the day to report it. Management in their quest to avoid missed, are in effect, causing the problem.
Good advice.

oldngray

nowhere special
The one thing I don't get about today's UPS

They have a report for every conceivable outcome, sensor, delivery, GPS location, trace %, ETC......

When I can't find a package and spent time looking for it, I go to the stop and click the NOT FOUND button so It will come off my EDD trace. Out of all the paper this company wastes, they can't have a real-time report on all the NOT FOUNDS that were submitted ?

I'm not going to waste my time sending a message. Probably 75% chance, I'll find my preloader Helen Keller put it on the wrong shelf. But that real-time report should clear off once the package is delivered.

I would only send a message if I couldn't find NDA just to cover my own butt. Otherwise, just not found in DIAD. Too many to constantly send messages about.

govols019

You smell that?

If it's missed it's their problem...If I don't have the call tag in hand I don't sheet it as if I do. I can't give the customer a receipt at the time of pickup and I can't check to make 100% that I have the right package without the call tag.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

If I find a misload I send it in on diad, like your supposed to and then when it asks if you can deliver it today, you put yes or no its that simple. If they ask you to deliver it and its out of your way to far, tell them you can not or ill deliver it but ill be in between 9 and 10 after I take my lunch lol.

cino321

The call tag thing is ridiculous... I'm not walking up to someone's door to big up a package that I do not have shipper info for and a receipt. What if they give me the wrong package? What if the customer says that I never spoke to them?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If it's missed it's their problem...If I don't have the call tag in hand I don't sheet it as if I do. I can't give the customer a receipt at the time of pickup and I can't check to make 100% that I have the right package without the call tag.

Do that in my center and you are in the office with the shop steward. Work as directed...