PSH!

Rainman

Its all good.
In our building we have logs to put in the last 4 numbers of the missing packages. This covers us and only takes about 10 seconds at the end of the day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

browned out

DNED---Destination Not Equal to Delivery

As Harry said, send in all tracking numbers of packages you cannot find. Sheet every single package on the car, including call tags that you do not have (Find BC). Don't give them a chance to question your integrity.

Call the center, 2 way the center and send a text from your cell phone to your Oncar sup or center manager cell phone. Somehow Diad messages disappear when UPS wants them two. Cover your ass, many of these people have lost their moral compass.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Do you set up packages on the dock then scan them all? Or, scan and remove? I find the latter to not miss scans. So glad I have NO box store where I work

QKRSTKR

If it's missed it's their problem...If I don't have the call tag in hand I don't sheet it as if I do. I can't give the customer a receipt at the time of pickup and I can't check to make 100% that I have the right package without the call tag.
Many times the customer will have the package sitting on the porch waiting to be picked up.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The Walmart I deliver to uses rollers---scan and "place" on rollers---would not make sense to put them on dock, scan and the put on rollers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Remember, Dave, much like UPS things are done differently at Walmarts in different areas.

Never assume.

Rico

This thread reminds me that one of the things I hated about UPS was how it seemed you spent you day trying to stay off one of many reports.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This thread reminds me that one of the things I hated about UPS was how it seemed you spent you day trying to stay off one of many reports.
I was always on the "non-compliant list" for almost 20 years for the Corporate Office appearance audits. As I approached retirement, I started moving all my personal items to my home. A month before I retired, I received a certificate for office appearance.
I showed it to everyone around the office and during my retirement lunch.

Mack Grant

Many times the customer will have the package sitting on the porch waiting to be picked up.
This is what I do. Drive to the stop and see if it's there. If it is write the address on the blank pkg and seperate it from the rest of the p/u so that I remember what to do with it when I get back to the building. Get the tag printed when you get in so you don't have to do it tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what I do. Drive to the stop and see if it's there. If it is write the address on the blank pkg and seperate it from the rest of the p/u so that I remember what to do with it when I get back to the building. Get the tag printed when you get in so you don't have to do it tomorrow.

The package should still have the original label on it.

To save time you should send an ODS asking the OMS to reprint the label and put it in your slot.

What if you drive to the stop and do not see the package? Do you knock on the door and attempt to complete the stop or do you sheet as NI1 and wait until you have the tag in hand to try again the following day?