PT Air/Seasonal Driver won bid on FT Service Provider

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Turdbomber, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Turdbomber

Turdbomber New Member

I have a question about the qualifying period when you win a bid for full-time package car driver. We have 2 centers in my building, I drove seasonal during peak of 2011 and they qualified me. Our rider indicates if you qualify as a cover driver you don't have to qualify again. But our center manager keeps harping on me about scratching 5 days. From my understanding if I was pre-qualified when I won the bid, I don't have to re-qualify. Is this correct?
  2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Is it really worth fighting? Since your future as a driver is in the companies hands, you may not make 30 days on-road if you battle the center manager's lie now. I suggest calling bluffs once you have made 30 days because they do discriminate.
  3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Are you sure about that ? Generally speaking.... When you drive as a seasonal, you don't "gain" anything except experience.

Check it out. You might be confusing yourself with seasonal language, and cover driver language.

4. CAFAL

CAFAL New Member

They qualified you to drive,not for seniority. You will have to do it on a bid
  5. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Your dead on !!!
  6. Turdbomber

Turdbomber New Member

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure and my steward said I only have to qualify once. So I wanted to see what the general consensus was.
  7. klolx

klolx New Member

You're welcome, Turd.