PT preload sup, or Morning OMS duties

JLennea

Hi, I was recently offered a job as a PT sup, either as preload sup or morning OMS.
I'm currently a casual driver in the winter and summers and have been for 3 years.

I've read several threads here about these positions and most people say not to take a PT sup position because of poor treatment.
But that isn't what I'm here asking about.

I'd like to know specific responsibilities and struggles for each position from people with experience in these positions. What should I expect going from a casual driver into this new position?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
A lot less sweat, that's for sure.

OMS is essentially a secretary. Assign pickups, talk customers off the ledge, file paperwork.

PT Preload Sup you supervise preloaders, make sure cars get loaded. Not sure how many employees you'd oversee. But it is a lot more stressful. OMS is a cake job.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It really depends on what your end game is. If you want to become a full time driver and a bid opens up then being a part time supervisor isn't for u. You will make more in the long run being a driver and moving to a full time driver then being a supervisor. Might take you a while to become a full time supervisor. Just my thoughts on it.

Box Ox

I'd go morning OMS. Too early in the day for many angry/confused customer calls and you you don't have to deal with preload. Which is always a plus.

JLennea

It really depends on what your end game is. If you want to become a full time driver and a bid opens up then being a part time supervisor isn't for u. You will make more in the long run being a driver and moving to a full time driver then being a supervisor. Might take you a while to become a full time supervisor. Just my thoughts on it.

I have two young children (1 and 6) and am a stay at home mom when I'm not driving. Wife to a fire fighter who works 24 hour shifts.
My income is supplementary and I think that a FT driver is too much for my family.
I would like to achieve a full time position with UPS in the future, but I don't think that becoming a FT driver is my end game.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I have two young children (1 and 6) and am a stay at home mom when I'm not driving. Wife to a fire fighter who works 24 hour shifts.
My income is supplementary and I think that a FT driver is too much for my family.
I would like to achieve a full time position with UPS in the future, but I don't think that becoming a FT driver is my end game.
Oms would be perfect for you. I would grab that job quick before they give it to someone else.