seniority order prior to the Employer hiring from the street. Such
moves shall be permanent and the employee shall not be permitted
to return to the original Center. The employee will be added to the
appropriate seniority list as the least senior employee in that classi-
fication in the new Center. The move will be at the expense of the
employee and will not be covered under the Change of Operation
language.

upschuck

I am sure that doesn't include many people. How can you be a backup feeder driver, if your center doesn't have feeder jobs available?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Plus they stick it to you with classification seniority. You have to either be really junior or really really desperate for this to be appealing. It's almost like they put that language in there just so they could say they provided a way for drivers in outlying centers to get into feeders while at the same time making it such a lousy choice that almost no one will take it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am sure that doesn't include many people. How can you be a backup feeder driver, if your center doesn't have feeder jobs available?

Plus they stick it to you with classification seniority. You have to either be really junior or really really desperate for this to be appealing. It's almost like they put that language in there just so they could say they provided a way for drivers in outlying centers to get into feeders while at the same time making it such a lousy choice that almost no one will take it.
Both valid points. In wondering why the language is still there? But there are plenty of guys in my building that would jump at that if it were legit.

Feederquacker

As I understand it, if there is a Feeder opening in a different building and no one there takes it and there are no Back-Up Drivers at said building, then the job can be taken by a Back-Up driver from a building within the Local's jurisdiction. There are plenty of Feeder Operations that have multiple Back-Up drivers and there is little chance of gaining Feeder Seniority because of non-growth or no retirement in the foreseeable future. I believe that is when this language is applicable.