Question about vacation.

TheKid99

Say if you're a pt handler and you pick your vacation in December and it get approved.

Then a few months later you become a ft permanent service provider.

Do you keep your vacation week or do you have to repick?

Thanks.

TheKid99

You would keep your week.

Sweeeeet!!! Thanks.

I know i can get August off next year with my seniority... if i pick from the pt ranks i have plans in going to the summer olympics next year lol...

Rumor is our ft service provider bids going up in January so hopefully i can pick my vacation in december before going ft because i know there's no way in hell im getting august off ft.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Say if you're a pt handler and you pick your vacation in December and it get approved.

Then a few months later you become a ft permanent service provider.

Do you keep your vacation week or do you have to repick?

Thanks.

In the Central Region, you would get paid off for your part time vacations and do not get a vacation for the first year as a full timer.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Good luck getting a vacation week in the summer going FT in a new center. As an example, It took me over 30 years seniority to be able to take off spring break week. The majority of drivers in front of me took it off every year, and the week was full by the time it got to my pick. By the time I was able to get that week, my kids were out of school.

CHALLY9TX

Good luck getting a vacation week in the summer going FT in a new center. As an example, It took me over 30 years seniority to be able to take off spring break week. The majority of drivers in front of me took it off every year, and the week was full by the time it got to my pick. By the time I was able to get that week, my kids were out of school.

30 years?!!! Wow...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
30 years?!!! Wow..
It just so happened, the drivers directly in front of me ALWAYS took that week, and after 10 or 11 drivers picked that week, it closed out. The last couple of years before I retired, I cracked the top 20 in seniority and it was finally available to me, but I passed. I figured let a younger driver with kids have it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Omg man I'm in the Central Region....

When you transfer from PT to FT, you will be considered a newly hired FT employee.

You will have 2 seniority dates. Your PT seniority date will be used only to determine how many weeks you are eligible for after working the first year FT without a vacation......Sorry.

Central Region Supplement

Section 10-Part-time Employees Transferring To
Full-time Jobs Other Than Hub and Preload

Part-time employees successfully transferring to full-time jobs will
be considered as newly hired full-time employees and will be added
to the appropriate seniority list. Their seniority date will be the day
of the transfer.

ARTICLE 16-VACATIONS

Any employee who attains seniority must work an entire year in
order to be eligible for vacation. Once eligible, the employee will
select an available week between the eligibility date and the week
of Thanksgiving of that year. If there are no weeks available the
employee will be paid in lieu of time off. The Option week may be
taken after the completion of the eligible year.