Question on background check offenses

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by goetface, Jun 4, 2011.

1. goetface

goetface New Member

Hello, I just had my second interview for a UPS package handler position. I now have a tour to goto soon while pending my BGC. I have two misdeamenor DUI offenses from 2009, non damage, non injury circumstances. I'm now driving again with DL, and have been compliant with the courts. I have spoken with a paralegal, a UPS driver, and others, and logically, their opinions are that it shouldn't affect me since its a non-driver position. This is all i have on my background, am I good to go? anyone?
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I would think you're good to go.

Good luck, keep us updated, and welcome to Brown Cafe!
  3. goetface

goetface New Member

Thanks over9five, will do. Anyone else got a factual opinion?
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

As ovah said, you should be fine as you are applying for a non-driving position.
  5. goetface

goetface New Member

Thanks much Upstate, just trying to get some reassurance here.
  6. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Your fine.

Good luck

You won't have a problem getting a driving job either they only look back at the last three years of your driving record.
  7. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Interesting this comes up, seeing as myself and another employee were just discussing it. As you are all aware, UPS has a wide cast of characters working there. We came to the conclusion they mostly look for theft and fraud charges, especially mail fraud type stuff? While I'm pretty sure I don't work with any murderers, but many guys have extremely sketchy backgrounds.
  8. goetface

goetface New Member

Right on, thank you very much for your feed back everyone. Im very greatful.
  9. goetface

goetface New Member

Ok so to update, I cleared background and found out last tuesday. Had a hub tour on thursday, now im wondering when the heck I'll start? I heard it can be up to two weeks now before they call me in to train. I've had 2 interviews, tour, background....does it always take so long?