Question on delivery

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Now I have a question. Does a signed info notice qualify as a signature in this particular situation?

I don't think it does. What has everyone heard or been told.

disneyworld

I had a delivery today that puzzled me and I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and, if so, how did you handle the delivery? I had 2 pkgs for a residential and there was the ! that indicated that there were notes regarding this delivery. When I scanned the first pkg a screen appeared that basically said that I had to get a signature, no DR allowed. I got the same message when I scanned the second pkg. The service level was ground (03) and there was no signature required stickers or anything on there that would indicate that the shipper paid the extra money for me to get the signature so I DR FD and went on my way. It sounds like this is a shipper who is trying to get out of paying whatever it is we charge for an autograph these days by adding notes to his shipments.

Has anyone else had a situation like this and, if so, how did you handle it?
THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yeah, I guess I should hope to be more like you when I grow up--oh wait, I have already completed 2nd grade.
I guess I have surpassed you. I did three-and-a-half years at a 2 year Suny college. I forgot that no one was supposed to instigate anything with you. Only you are allowed to do that. I will probably never get that one down. I stand by what I said previously, though. I am fairly certain that you were in a big yank and decided to go ahead and DR so you could brag how you got rid of the package. Don't worry about how the notes get into the DIAD.

Hangingon

Now I have a question. Does a signed info notice qualify as a signature in this particular situation?

I don't think it does. What has everyone heard or been told.

We've been told that a SDN is still a DR. Until the customer physically receives the package (and sometimes not even then) we are liable for the package.

The FEDEX DR notices say something about if the customer signs the note they are accepting all liability for the package once the driver leaves it. Not sure if that will hold if the customer claims non-receipt but I don't understand why we don't have the same message on ours. It will at least make the customer think about wether they really want whatever is in the package to sit on their porch all day if they have to pay for it if it goes missing.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
BM, it says the same thing as the FEDEX DR notices? .......accept responsibility....

Hang, I would think the same thing, cnee needs to physically rcv the pkg.
I was wondering because a few weeks back I had to del. an Omaha Steaks box (which are driver release) to a signature required address. I don't acknowledge an SDN as acceptable so I brought it back.

Just one of those situations that there are no concrete rules for.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Omaha Steaks is shipper release, not driver release. This means the shipper cannot file a claim regarding this delivery in return for a reduced rate on the shipment. I would have left the steaks.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
BM, it says the same thing as the FEDEX DR notices? .......accept responsibility....

Hang, I would think the same thing, cnee needs to physically rcv the pkg.
I was wondering because a few weeks back I had to del. an Omaha Steaks box (which are driver release) to a signature required address. I don't acknowledge an SDN as acceptable so I brought it back.

Just one of those situations that there are no concrete rules for.
Totally understand your confusion dilli. Do you know this cust? Or is it just in a bad DR place? Sometimes the bad claims cust moves and UPS doesn't remove the no dr's tag. If this is the case, you can speak with your people inside to have the tag removed. If not, then in my thinking, I'd ask myself if this cust is nice or not and respond accordingly. I think DR'ing a shipper release pkg at a non DR address is up to you, trust your gut.

Omaha Steaks is shipper release, not driver release. This means the shipper cannot file a claim regarding this delivery in return for a reduced rate on the shipment. I would have left the steaks.

Do you mean you would have hit override, upstate? I asked my on road supe about this once and never really got a clear answer. There's an apartment complex on my route that is on the do not DR list. I asked that it be put there, due to the high amount of missing pkgs. I know, apts are no DR anyways, but if you've been on a route for awhile you can feel out these situations. What I do in this situation is leave the steaks or flowers and any other shipper release pkgs I'll leave at the complex office. Or for that matter, dilli can indirect that pkg to a neighbor.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Steve, in this particular case it's a little of both. The problem is the resident is an older man who has Alzheimers. He doesn't remember getting things he has ordered and so we have had no choice but to go to a sig req.
And, unfortunately he orders regurlarly. It's kind of a sad situation. I don't do the rte very often but when I do del. it I won't leave the pkg w/o a sig. The regular driver accepts the SDN. ????????
And as far as indirecting, this is a rural rte with only one neighbor that won't accept pkgs. Been there done that. LOL

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You are right Upstate, but I still could not DR it, diad would not allow a DR.

DS

Fenderbender
Did you know there is an option in the DIAD to make a package "signature required'?
Indeed I do,I get lots of tiger direct pkgs ordered online.
I have never seen a sig req note either on a pkg or as a diad prompt.
Sometimes its a 3 pc computer and unless I know the consignee I go to extreme lengths to dr it to somewhere nobody will ever find it,like a backyard shed ,and leave an infonotice where only the homeowner will find it.
Otherwise I always get a signature.
If I use the sig req option in the board,does the shipper have to pay for it?

bl04a

the customer may have had 1 or more DFUs against them and UPS may want the signature and not the shipper. Not in 1 and bring it back